S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

A quick hello

Old 04-07-2017, 12:12 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Always a good day when the summer ride comes home. :-)
I hope your upgrades go well!
Old 04-07-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

I have - but I kind of like the rear with no spoiler.
Installed the exhaust and end links. Was not too difficult actually. The exhaust fits very tight - I'll take it for a spin here this afternoon and give impressions. Just moving it it sounds much louder than stock with cold start.
I'll post up some pics of the diffusers too once I get em. I'm looking forward to getting proper tires on it next week and 1 inch lower!

And yes - the storage place is really cool. 10 min walk from my house too which is awesome. Only $600 for 6 months!
Old 04-08-2017, 07:05 PM

Spent the last 2 days tackling some of these parts.
Installed the Milltek exhaust yesterday along with front and read Eibach sways. Rear on soft front on stiff. The exhaust fit is very tight I'm I'm making contact with the under body. I'll see if my shop can help with some adjustments to rectify. The tips need a bit of adjustment too. Left is lower than right.
I also did an entire brake job - rotors, pads and lines. The sways made a noticeable improvement is body role and turn in. Went with hawk ceramic pads and stoptech disks & lines. The exhaust sounds great at idle - no drove at cruise... and there's a noticeable improvement in throttle response but the vibration where it's contacting the body is terrible. Next week I'm doing tires (this is probably going to be the greatest improvement) and the Eibach springs as well as a valve adjustment. Brakes feel great as well. I hated the dust so had to go ceramic. Had to drill out the screws holding the rotors on though - major PITA. Used anti-seize on the new ones.

Pics

No I'm not supporting any weight with the jack, just had it there for additional protection. Those jack stands are garbage.

This is where I'm having contact. Any input would be appreciated. I think perhaps a longer hanger would help? I almost feel like this portion was not manufactured to spec. It's just way too tight.

Last edited by MrFunk; 04-08-2017 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Loving the car and garage!! I look forward to seeing more pictures to see what the upgrades look like. (maybe I'll add some more to mine )

As for the exhaust, what made you choose Milltek? I feel like I've been researching exhausts for months but still haven't been able to decide on one.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Wojofoo
Loving the car and garage!! I look forward to seeing more pictures to see what the upgrades look like. (maybe I'll add some more to mine )

As for the exhaust, what made you choose Milltek? I feel like I've been researching exhausts for months but still haven't been able to decide on one.
I chose Milltek because it could almost pass as OEM to the untrained eye, it has no/minimal drone and is not loud. I also come from Audi/VW group and have always been impressed with the quality and fit of their exhausts. Their exhausts all have a deep sound to them too which I thought would work well with the S2k. Also - every review I read was positive and every vid/soud clip I watched sounded good.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by PenguinS2000
That's an awesome storage facility!

Have you though about adding the rear lip spoiler? I love mine Please share photos of the side diffusers when they arrive; I'm considering them in the future
Yeah really cool place!
I actually ordered up a rear deck lid. I should have it around the same time as the side diffusers so I'll post up some pics once both are installed. Should complete the look nicely.
Here are some pics of the car on the Eiback springs (15mm spacers all round, tires are 215/245 Michelin PSS). I think the stance is perfect for an OEM+ look which is what I'm after.
One thing really bothered me with the car - the hideous looking brake calipers! I spent a few hours this afternoon doing 4 coats of G2 caliper paint. I'll give myself a 9/10 for the job. It's all about prep - clean and masking then a steady hand and patience. The calipers should have come painted from factory.
Enjoy the pics!

Old 04-21-2017, 06:18 PM

Added the deck lid. Ebay special. I'm dumbfounded how they are making money only charging $80. Great color match and quality!

Old 04-29-2017, 09:29 AM

DF Side Diffusers put on.
A bit disappointed in quality. Fit was 100% but there were several blemishes in the CF... I'll post some better pics outside once I take it out for a drive next...

Old 05-06-2017, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mr. Funk I would just like to ask if you can give me the name where you store your car at? I
Old 05-07-2017, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by SwitchUps
Hey Mr. Funk I would just like to ask if you can give me the name where you store your car at? I
Sent you a PM.

Quick Reply: A quick hello