S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

re sale value, I need your opinion.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re sale value, I need your opinion.

Ive purchased some new wheels that will require me to roll my fenders. My question about re sale value is should I buy new oem fenders to roll/pull to preserve the original fender with the matching vin or just roll the ones i have. I dont want to hurt my re sale value later down the road if and when i decide to sell my car. I know some people on here have sold and bought multiple s2000, did you ever pass on buying one because the fenders were rolled or because it didn't have matching vins on part?
Old 12-16-2014, 06:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The difference in resale value is most likely going to be less than the cost of buying and painting new fenders (plus liners) - especially if you sell to a private party. I say just leave the stock fenders rolled.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most people will be more sketched out by mismatching panels than rolled fenders (assuming the rolling was done correctly). For me, rolled fenders is a minor modification that doesn't significantly affect any aspect of the car other than fitting wheels/tires.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matthugie
Most people will be more sketched out by mismatching panels than rolled fenders (assuming the rolling was done correctly). For me, rolled fenders is a minor modification that doesn't significantly affect any aspect of the car other than fitting wheels/tires.
This is true. But once your fenders are rolled, you car is going to appeal to only a certain fraction of the S2K market. Whether you buy an extra set or roll the originals, you are going to incur cost, so just accept it and move on.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:13 AM

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts

I've had multiple s2k's and I made sure none of them had rolled/flared fenders. I can't say how much rolled fenders will effect the value of the car, but personally I refuse to buy cars that had fenders rolled/flared.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I would not purchase a S2k with rolled fenders, period. Would leave me with too many questions on what kind of setup was run and potential impacts to the car itself as a result.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:29 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I just had my S appraised and the appraiser asked multiple times if I've had any modifications to the engine or body. My mods were more cosmetic in nature and I gave her the 4-page list. I've added value to mine. The appraised Retail value of my car is twice what the insurance quoted value was. Rolled fenders and engine mods will devalue your car. It will be compared to unmodified vehicles and priced accordingly.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RTZX9R
I would not purchase a S2k with rolled fenders, period. Would leave me with too many questions on what kind of setup was run and potential impacts to the car itself as a result.
What about this?

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/953...-no-harm-done/
Old 12-16-2014, 10:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Orjinal
I've had multiple s2k's and I made sure none of them had rolled/flared fenders. I can't say how much rolled fenders will effect the value of the car, but personally I refuse to buy cars that had fenders rolled/flared.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:00 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by honda606
Originally Posted by Orjinal' timestamp='1418750012' post='23439013
x 2. True virgin S2Ks are harder and harder to come by thus any mods, especially the ones that are irreversible, will hurt resale. I personally would not buy one that has had fender work.

Quick Reply: re sale value, I need your opinion.