S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Reading PA mayor has s2000 stolen. F thieves!

Old 09-26-2014, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Viper alarm system and a Lojack along with the early warning option. Nothing is 100%, but something is better nothing!
Old 09-26-2014, 06:22 PM

Received 1,553 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
However, when you're on a road trip in your S, it is not always possible to park in a locked garage overnight. How do you get around "NEVER"? I've spent the night at friends across town or out of state from time to time, or at a motel along the route. A locked garage is not always available. It's street parking, only sometimes. What precautions can I take in those circumstances?
That is a very, very good question and I am sure there is some good experience out there to that end.

I can tell you I plan ahead. I will find where I can park. I may choose a particular hotel for parking. I may call and ask. If it is at a motel/hotel on the road, its a cut above the rest, if possible. I am picky about parking close to the room or a strategic spot in the front with a view by staff. I have considered a cover but have not used it. Sometimes I will ask management (bed and breakfasts) for some relatively concealed spot to park. I have found B&Bs generally have the best parking and are more enjoyable for the wife. When parking is problematic, I have at times taken another car. (San Francisco or other big cities) I have seat locks and decals declaring that. I always carry (CCW). I pray for security too.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:32 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

However, when you're on a road trip in your S, it is not always possible to park in a locked garage overnight. How do you get around "NEVER"? I've spent the night at friends across town or out of state from time to time, or at a motel along the route. A locked garage is not always available. It's street parking, only sometimes. What precautions can I take in those circumstances?
1. I rarely, if ever, road trip in my S2000.
2. When I do, I stay in a motel/hotel in which I can park outside or under my room.
3. I have an alarm with visible alert, shock sensitivity, and remote so if anyone touches my car, I know about it. Not perfect, but better than nothing.
4. I don't have LoJack yet but am considering it.
5. If all else fails , at least I have insurance.

Why would the mayor park his car and then walk home? Does he have no garage space? Side note: is he a member here?
Old 09-27-2014, 04:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think he lives infront/by the school thats why he parked it there.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by mugen_rsx09
I think he lives infront/by the school thats why he parked it there.
i know this guy and his car.he always park the S outside. he also has civic si
he s house is next to the high school, he probably couldnt find parking spot in front of his house so he parked on high school.

too bad lesson learned hard way. i always think how they are not stealing this car. 2 years later its gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2014, 05:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quite easy. Take your spouse / GF's car, family car, or rent a car. Every time I fly out of Miami I rent a car for $30, drive to the airport, and drop it. Same when I get home. S stays in my garage and away from thieves.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:38 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by RTZX9R
Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer' timestamp='1411760069' post='23346759
Quite easy. Take your spouse / GF's car, family car, or rent a car. Every time I fly out of Miami I rent a car for $30, drive to the airport, and drop it. Same when I get home. S stays in my garage and away from thieves.
If you plan to take your S2000 on a roadtrip, there is simply no way to avoid the fact that it is going to be outside of a locked garage overnight. At some point, you just have to trust that it will be okay. Chances are it will be. But the chance exists that it could get stolen or broken into, and that's why you don't leave your personal belongings in the car overnight, you take steps to park it someplace visible (make friends with the night staff when you park the car at the hotel if need be), and have good insurance. You can choose to have a kill switch installed. If you think an alarm will help, do that.

At the end of the day, you have to decide if you want to enjoy the car that way or not. I went on a 3100 mile roadtrip from Los Angeles to Hood River Oregon and back this past summer. I met up with a bunch of other S2000 owners up there, went on local drives in the car, and then took a leisurely 6 day drive back down the coast from Tillamook to Malibu. Did I worry about the car at night? Yes. Particularly in Eureka. But I made the decision I had taken all the precautions I reasonably could, and now it was down to fate and trust. Had I taken any other car, I would not have enjoyed the trip anywhere near as much as I did.

You just make a choice and you live with it. Some choose one way, some choose another, and each person has to suit himself.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do they steal the s2000 so easily. Is it an easy one. Besides the soft top, dont you have to still get it started and then the alarm. What the heck eh.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:33 PM

Poor Mr. Mayor
Old 10-02-2014, 03:54 AM

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Quick Reply: Reading PA mayor has s2000 stolen. F thieves!