S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Rear trunk spoiler, front chin spoiler, or side strakes???

Old 06-21-2001, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear trunk spoiler, front chin spoiler, or side strakes???

I didn't get any of these with the car. Am thinking of getting atleast one of these now. Wanted to know your opinions on which of these three in itself best complements the aggressive appearance of the car.

Thanks !
Old 06-22-2001, 12:17 AM

Well, since no one commented yet, here's mine. I personally don't like the rear spoiler. I mean it looks okay, I just wouldn't want it. I liked the factory spoiler on my previous '98 Accord 2dr coupe better. I've heard problems with the side strakes not staying on. I haven't seen the front spoiler in person either. Not what you wanted to hear! If I had to choose one of these, then I guess it would be the rear spoiler. I'd much rather have an exhaust (which I just got my Neuspeed). I think it complements the aggressive looks with an aggressive sound.
Old 06-22-2001, 02:12 AM

I'm quite temtped to get the honda kit put on too (not the spoiler though, not so keen on that), anyone got some good piccies of their s2k with the honda kit on??

Thanks
Old 06-22-2001, 05:31 AM

Just my opinion but I don't think pictures do the honda aero pieces any justice at all. Pictures seem to make any of the pieces look tacked on. I made the decision NOT to get any of the pieces based on photos that I had seen but definetly see these pieces in person before making your decision. They look MUCH better in person and don't look like so much like a bad afterthought. I'm very partial to the front spoiler more than any of the other pieces.
Old 06-22-2001, 05:31 AM

I love how the side strakes make the car look That would be my choice
Old 06-22-2001, 05:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is just appearance that you want, then any of the stock pieces are fine. I would get the front spoiler, then the rear spoiler then the strakes...and the strakes would be WAY down on the list. They drill into the side of the body to attach them and they are attached very cheaply. Keep that in mind.

If you want performance. Get the Mugen rear spoiler. It creates a ton of downforce and in combination with the Mugen front end, it not only looks absolutely beautiful, it dramatically improves the aerodynamic stability of the car.

The engineers at Mugen, after a lengthy discussion about aerodynamics, told us that the stock spoiler etc are just about completely ineffective at helping the car's aerodynamics. If that isn't important to you, then get the OEM pieces. But if you would like to improve the car's handling with better aeordynamics, then get the Mugen spoiler (not the wing, but the spoiler). I'm getting one very shortly...

Makes me do this ----->
Old 06-22-2001, 06:41 AM

I have all three and they came stock. I like the looks of all of them and particularly appreciate the front spoiler as it protects the car from grounding. I'd get them all, but if you are limited, then I would get the spoiler first. My $0.02
Old 06-22-2001, 07:33 AM
S2R

If you're going to get some body kit pieces, then I would suggest looking around at the different aftermarket parts first before buying the oem parts.
Old 06-22-2001, 11:12 PM

I recently talked to a service advisor that is a friend of mine and he echoed what rstark said. He told me about a guy that had one of the strakes come off and it took several weeks to get another one. Something about a problem with the mounting pins. I wouldn
Old 06-23-2001, 06:58 AM
Sly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got all three when I bought the car. The front spoiler gives a the car a more agressive look. The rear spoiler kinda blends in with the car's lines and I don't like the sides strakes.

my home page

Quick Reply: Rear trunk spoiler, front chin spoiler, or side strakes???