S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Recommendation for windshield wipers?

Old 02-02-2001, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this might be silly to ask as many of you only drive in fair weather, but my wiper blades are shot.

Anyone have a recommendation of what brand to use (perhaps even know the size of the S2000 wiper blades off hand).

Or is it best to just go to Honda and pay some silly amount for OEM blades?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-02-2001, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by S2K_CLS
I know this might be silly to ask as many of you only drive in fair weather, but my wiper blades are shot.

Anyone have a recommendation of what brand to use (perhaps even know the size of the S2000 wiper blades off hand).

Or is it best to just go to Honda and pay some silly amount for OEM blades?

Thanks in advance!
the blades are different sizes so make sure you get the correct sizes...the drivers side is shorter than the passenger side. I bought some from Kragens but it didnt fit that good so I went to the dealer and pick up honda ones...i dont remember how much they were...oh and don't throw away the metal strip in the blade you will need that for your new set.
Old 02-02-2001, 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor

If the part number equals the length, the passenger side is 20 inches, and the driver's side is 16 inches. I just purchased a set of Bosch Micro Edge Excel wiper blades. Part numbers; Driver's side- 40916, Passenger's side -40920. I used these blades in my '97 Prelude for three years with good results.
One caveat to the great wiper action (and it is quite good) is that this type of wiper blade uses a little softer rubber than usual so they wear a little faster. I found the streak free windshield after each sweep worth the slightly more frequent replacement.

James
Old 02-02-2001, 03:49 PM

James,

Thanks! I did measure and get those same results of 16 and 20. 20 isnt too odd, but 16 is downright tiny! The last car I replaced wipers on had 20 and 22.

I'm guessing the refills are of the narrow variety?

Silver Surfer,

thanks for the info on the metal strip. I never toss those until the new set is in, but thanks for the reminder...
Old 02-02-2001, 04:22 PM

Bosch has always worked well for me on my other cars, and that's what I'll go with on the stook.
Old 02-02-2001, 04:30 PM

I agree. Bosch wiper blades are second to none. I have already replaced my '00 Accord blades with Bosch blades after 4K miles. The OEM blades used to leave a lot of gummy residue.
Old 02-02-2001, 04:39 PM

The Bosch blades are great but they leave graphite residue behind. Despite cleaning you may see a subtle arc on your windshield after a while. No harm done but you may have to clean the glass more often.
Old 02-02-2001, 04:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've tried different brands of blades but always went back to the OEM blades from Honda. You need to replace them more often, I do it every 8-12 months. The refills are only about 3 bucks each which may be a little higher than aftermarket but it's worth it.

I live in the South so your experiences may be different if you live in the cold regions.

Honda uses a very good grade of rubber and they never skip or make noise.

BTW, I don't recommend RainX. While it does a good job of improving visibility, it does a number on the blades.
Old 02-17-2001, 04:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ReedZ
[B]If the part number equals the length, the passenger side is 20 inches, and the driver's side is 16 inches.
Old 02-17-2001, 06:46 PM

Tried them all, including Bosch. I keep coming back to Anco for the best wear and performance. You can get them anywhere.

Quick Reply: Recommendation for windshield wipers?