S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Rick's S badges install questions

Old 12-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Rick's S badges install questions

Just got a couple Ricks "S" badges for Christmas. I was wanting to install them but I read in the directions that it needs to be 70 degrees or warmer and after installing cannot be in contact with outside weather. Is this really necessary? Seems like it is just standard adhesive and I have stuck things before and always seemed well secured right away. Is there a certain reason for these precautions? Is it needed or is it just a precautionary measure? Since it's my daily driver I don't know when I will be able to just park it for 90 hours and wait for the badges to adhere.
Please let me know your experiences with installing them.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a standard precaution as with any adhesive. Make sure the surface is clean and dry that's about it. Oh I see you're in NY make sure it's not freezing.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As crappy as it sounds you should really wait until spring. I have a decal for my windblocker that I got in October but can't install until the spring because of the same weather requirements.

Even in a garage it just doesn't get warm enough this time of year.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:32 PM

Just warm it up to room temperature with a hairdryer so the adhesive becomes soft, leaving less residue. Just use a floss and it'll come right off.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Former Sponsor

I'm not worried about getting the old one off, just want to make sure that it will stay on if I put it on in this weather. If I warm the garage up a bit so it stays at least a little bit warm. If it's above freezing what does the higher temp requirements help with? I guess I could wait but would much rather put them on and not wait the 4 or so months. I don't want to do it at risk of them peeling off however.
The steering wheel badge should be ok to go though correct? Stays much warmer inside and not exposed to any snow or rain or anything.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by daktruckie99,Dec 30 2007, 02:29 PM
As crappy as it sounds you should really wait until spring. I have a decal for my windblocker that I got in October but can't install until the spring because of the same weather requirements.

Even in a garage it just doesn't get warm enough this time of year.
Do you have the "S2000" logo decal for the windblocker? If so where do you get that. Saw it in someones picture here and looked real nice.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:44 PM

Nope, I have one for NES2KO, the New England club.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003s2k2003,Dec 30 2007, 12:48 PM
Just got a couple Ricks "S" badges for Christmas. I was wanting to install them but I read in the directions that it needs to be 70 degrees or warmer and after installing cannot be in contact with outside weather. Is this really necessary? Seems like it is just standard adhesive and I have stuck things before and always seemed well secured right away. Is there a certain reason for these precautions? Is it needed or is it just a precautionary measure? Since it's my daily driver I don't know when I will be able to just park it for 90 hours and wait for the badges to adhere.
Please let me know your experiences with installing them.
I just installed a pair of these two days ago couldn't have been much more than 45 degrees or so. Make sure the surface is clean and all I did was heat up the badges a bit with a heat gun and they are on there.

Make sure when you do the front you take a good look at the holes where the oem badge was removed make sure there are no ridges around the holes as they will show through the rick's badge. I unfortunately found out the hard way. I will have to get a new one and remove the old and dremel the ridge around the holes.

Swiftoy
Old 01-01-2008, 05:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would wait myself.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gomarlins3,Jan 1 2008, 06:25 PM
I would wait myself.
So you don't think they will stay attached if put on in winter temps in ny?

Quick Reply: Rick's S badges install questions