S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Robbins "Logo Red" Soft Top (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/robbins-logo-red-soft-top-1186154/)

ams7714 07-03-2018 10:08 PM

Robbins "Logo Red" Soft Top

Has anyone on here bought a Robbins "Logo Red" soft top for their S2000? I'm considering ordering one for my car soon to match my red interior and I'm having trouble finding any pictures of one installed on an S2000. The fabric samples I've seen from the shop near me that sells them give me some information, but I'm just trying to get a feel of how one actually looks installed on a car.

freq 07-04-2018 09:07 AM

Looked good on GPW when I saw one.

Look for @trackdaywife

Chuck S 07-05-2018 06:28 AM

"Looking good" is highly subjective! :) A matter of taste. I've heard some guys actually prefer Lite Beer and don't like scotch. :)

I go by the rule that no one should notice a specific part of my car (or house, or boat, or ...) but just say "nice car." To me the roof (or wheels or whatever) shouldn't be the point of focus.

I suppose, though, a red roof on my silver car would be a hit in Columbus, Ohio. Go Bucks! :)

-- Chuck

rpg51 07-05-2018 08:36 AM

I bet it draws some attention.
I'm trying not to draw attention. :)

LagunaPearlAP2 07-05-2018 09:45 AM

I think it looks alright! I notice a lot of other convertibles such as Boxster and Miata have different color tops, burgundy, tan color, and look very cool. Problem is if you decide you don't like it after a while, it's another $1,000 to change it back :X

Car Analogy 07-05-2018 10:39 AM

..and then theres resale, if life should force you to sell it, its probably worth less and would have a more limited buying pool.

But its a risk I would take for a mod that spoke to me. I have seen the cars you mention with red tops. And they look good (to me) for the most part.

ams7714 07-11-2018 01:41 PM

Thanks to everyone who’s commented so far. I’m in a bit of a unique situation with both my S2000 and my personal life that’s led me to the red soft top.

The first thing is that my S2000 has no soft top, just a hard top. I guess the original owner had a couple soft tops that were slashed open and so he just went ahead and bought the Mugen hard top that’s on the car currently. I’ve been looking at getting a soft top for a while now and I think now I want it to match my red interior. (My car is an ‘03 Sebring Silver)

The second thing is that I spend September - April in South Carolina where I go to school, which works fine with just the hard top because I can remove it and enjoy the sunshine without having to worry to much if it will rain. However, I spend May - August in Ohio, where the weather is very unpredictable, meaning I can’t really remove the hard top at all unless I’m just going for a short drive - thus the need for a soft top.

And as for the potential hit on the resale value, I just bought this car last August as my first car and I’m fortunate to have it almost completely paid off, and I plan on keeping it for a very long time. Right now I’m only converned with getting the car to the exact spec I want. In my opinion the car is mechanically perfect stock, and I think the red soft top would get it to 99% of what I want the car to look like with only some minor cosmetic details left after that.

GuthNW 07-11-2018 04:37 PM

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Especially as you're planning on hanging on to the car for a while. The convertible top is much like any other consumable — with use it will eventually need to be replaced. Should you find that you have a need to sell the car unexpectedly then at least this is a reversible mod with reversible impacts. You can't say the same for things like a number of engine mods for example. When I was S2K shopping I'd want to know if the engine or ECU had ever been modified. If someone screwed with those things they might have the ability to return things to stock, but they can't reverse the impact their mods might have had on the overall lifespan of the car's motor. (You can bet they wouldn't provide any kind of warranty stating otherwise.) Unlike some other mods where I'd instantly rule the car out, I'd likely at least consider a red convertible top if it looked really good to me. Over time I figure that I'll eventually need to replace the top regardless of what was on the car when I bought it.

If you do go for it, I hope that you're able to enjoy both the new top and the S2000 that it's installed on for many years to come.

dakao 07-12-2018 06:35 AM

Where can I get a Tan Robbins top for my GPW?

shrykhar 07-21-2018 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by freq (Post 24483344)
Looked good on GPW when I saw one.

Look for @trackdaywife

http://www.instagram.com/p/BkToRVNFF...y=trackdaywife

i think I just saw this car on the 110 North near Pasadena.