S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 or Honda attractions in Japan?

Old 05-22-2018, 09:59 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Granted I drove, but Twin Ring felt like it was in somewhat rural farmland / mountain area. I don't know about plentiful taxis. Haha.

Have fun, dude. Buy a Suica card (from the kiosk that says SUICA on it, there is an english button in the top right of the screen) when you get in and use that for pretty much all of your train / subway rides. Pay the extra for the Skyliner tickets to get into Tokyo from the airport (if you're flying into NRT). Google maps works really, really well for train routes -- keep in mind that some trains are 'local' and make every stop on the line, some are commuter (skip some stops), and some are express (skip all but major stops). You really don't want to deal with taxis unless you want to be a baller, they are really expensive and it's frankly a lot quicker to walk / train ride.

Where in Tokyo are you staying?
The following users liked this post:
s2kdriver80 (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 10:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chibo
Granted I drove, but Twin Ring felt like it was in somewhat rural farmland / mountain area. I don't know about plentiful taxis. Haha.

Have fun, dude. Buy a Suica card (from the kiosk that says SUICA on it, there is an english button in the top right of the screen) when you get in and use that for pretty much all of your train / subway rides. Pay the extra for the Skyliner tickets to get into Tokyo from the airport (if you're flying into NRT). Google maps works really, really well for train routes -- keep in mind that some trains are 'local' and make every stop on the line, some are commuter (skip some stops), and some are express (skip all but major stops). You really don't want to deal with taxis unless you want to be a baller, they are really expensive and it's frankly a lot quicker to walk / train ride.

Where in Tokyo are you staying?
Thanks for the train tips. We're staying in Shinjuku area (heard it's the ideal location in the city). Any good restaurants you can recommend (sushi as well)? The lady has celiac disease (food has to be gluten-free). Yea, I know, picked the worst part of the world to vacation, as Asian food is loaded with wheat and soy sauce lol. Someone suggested trying some Michelin restaurants as they may cater to customer requests better. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:00 AM

Received 49 Likes on 49 Posts

Has nobody mentioned UPGarage yet??

It is used car parts paradise... Last time I was there I saw an s2000 mugen exhaust for 600 bucks... that I am still kicking myself in the ass for not getting.... They are usually slim on S2000 stuff, but I'm sure you'll find something cool, or at least enjoy looking at all the used JDM seats and GTR bodykits and such

Super Autobacs is a car accessory store that used to be amazing back when Japanese car culture was big about 10 years ago. Mugen and Nismo shift knobs, Recaro seats to sit in, etc. Last time I went last year one had a bit of a museum within the store with a 2000GT, S600, Mazda Cosmo, etc. Not a lot of cool parts to buy there though. Another great stop is book-off. Pick up some Honda Style and Option magazines for cheap. And off topic, but be sure to go to at least one department store bakery deli. Enjoy yourself and let us know how everything went!!
Old 09-28-2019, 11:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Honda s2000 goods in Tokyo.

Originally Posted by LagunaPearlAP2
Has nobody mentioned UPGarage yet??

It is used car parts paradise... Last time I was there I saw an s2000 mugen exhaust for 600 bucks... that I am still kicking myself in the ass for not getting.... They are usually slim on S2000 stuff, but I'm sure you'll find something cool, or at least enjoy looking at all the used JDM seats and GTR bodykits and such

Super Autobacs is a car accessory store that used to be amazing back when Japanese car culture was big about 10 years ago. Mugen and Nismo shift knobs, Recaro seats to sit in, etc. Last time I went last year one had a bit of a museum within the store with a 2000GT, S600, Mazda Cosmo, etc. Not a lot of cool parts to buy there though. Another great stop is book-off. Pick up some Honda Style and Option magazines for cheap. And off topic, but be sure to go to at least one department store bakery deli. Enjoy yourself and let us know how everything went!!
Anyone have tips on looking for s2k goodoes, parts, or accessories in Tokyo or nearby cities?

Planning to hit up a trip in October.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:24 AM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jggysk2
Anyone have tips on looking for s2k goodoes, parts, or accessories in Tokyo or nearby cities?

Planning to hit up a trip in October.
Did you find any places to buy Honda goodies? I'm going in early November, and I too am trying to find places where I can buy parts.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:54 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Crispy808
Did you find any places to buy Honda goodies? I'm going in early November, and I too am trying to find places where I can buy parts.
Type One, ASM Yokohama, Spoon (its their warehouse and they only sell parts there), Super autobacs, Upgarage if you can find one close.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:04 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I went to Japan in April. I visited Spoon warehouse(bought some parts lol ) TypeOne, Seeker, Feels, Honda Headquarters, K1 Labs, Sunday I didnt make it to the Tatsumi Parking area but found a local off the path car meet that was pretty cool as well. Im planning on going back next October to try to hit up other spots i missed.