S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 Roof Well Mat prices/order form etc are here

Old 10-16-2000, 04:49 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok... here's the info on the roof well mat for those interested parties...

Some pics of my original prototype mat are here....

Click here for pics

For those who didn't get a chance to read the HA-Net posts the mats are an extremely soft velour on the top side with a slightly coarser and stiffer (but still soft) material on the underside. My mat is edged with a leather look vinyl around the edges (that the window doesn't touch) but mats can have 100% cotton overlocking around the edges.

(Somebody suggested that velour being a synthetic blend will scratch. I put this to the trim shop and they have guaranteed that it won't. According to the shop the mat can't be 100% cotton because the sun will eat it in a very short time so that you end up with a rag sitting in your roof well. I'm no expert but I feel that velour has got to be a whole lot easier on that window than that hard plastic roof well. So far I'm a happy camper but it's only been a few weeks since I got mine done.)

The mat is 41" (104.14cm) long, 11 1/4" (28.5cm) wide and approx 8/32" (10mm) thick and fits between the two indentations that the roof mechanism folds down into. i.e the mat is not the length of the entire well. The mat does not interfere with the roof when folded in any way and it does not make the boot fit any tighter.

4 velcro tabs are supplied with each mat. Note - clean the roof well with a damp cloth to remove all traces of dust before sticking the velcro tabs in place.

I have setup a secure order form where you may order via Visa or Mastercard. Your credit card statement will show a purchase from Intermedia Online.

Price per unit is $AUD66 ($USD35) + shipping by Fedex. The weight boxed and ready to ship will be approximately 698g. So.. delivery to the US would be $AUD71.70 ($USD38.20). Prices may vary by a few cents due to fluctuations in international currency values. For those of you who don't know Fedex deliveries are trackable via the Internet. Delivery time quoted by Fedex is 2-3 working days to _most_ places. If you have questions about shipping to your part of the globe post to the board and I will let you know the shipping price.

Black mat with black edging is the standard. Add $10 extra for variations like black mat/red edging, red mat/black edging etc. Minimum orders needed to obtain mats at this price is 20.

Ok... now the serious stuff... I will be using my merchant facilities in good faith to purchase these mats for members so please be certain you really do want one before ordering. I have gone into this to basically make my contribution, not as a money making venture, so it will only take one smarty to fraudulently charge back and that will be the end of it.

Now that's out of the way here's the link to the order form... cheers for now.

Secure Order Form
Old 10-16-2000, 06:37 AM

What would the shipping cost be if we got multiple orders dropped shipped as one to the US and from here we would ship it within the US? Maybe the person coordinating could get a free mat for their effort. Not volunteering just thought of a way to keep the cost down. The shipping is more than the mat...

Bob
Old 10-16-2000, 10:59 AM

I'm with Black7564: I'd love to replace the bathmat I've got in my car now with your piece. It looks much nicer, and being thinner it won't interfere with the tonneau cover fit. The price is very reasonable, but I'd like to find a way to reduce the shipping cost...

How many others here would be interested?

Tedster
Old 10-16-2000, 11:07 AM

I am interested too if we can reduce the shipping costs.
Old 10-16-2000, 11:13 AM

Ditto
Old 10-16-2000, 11:13 AM

I'm in if we can reduce the shipping costs.
Old 10-16-2000, 11:18 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a suggestion don't know if it will be cheaper but, I will be in Honolulu next month to visit relatives if a large quantity can be sent there at a cheaper cost I would be willing to bring it back to the states for anyone interested and ship it to your door via my UPS account at your cost.
Old 10-16-2000, 11:38 AM

I am in too but would prefer to find cheaper shipping options.
Old 10-16-2000, 11:47 AM

Count me in with the cheaper shipping.

let me know at

Bancorp@msn.com

thanks

Laird
Old 10-16-2000, 11:55 AM

Count me in if we can find a cheaper way to
ship. Right now I have a cut out piece of headliner in the well. It works great but
isn't very attractive.

Quick Reply: S2000 Roof Well Mat prices/order form etc are here