S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 - Simply One of the Best Cars

Old 09-27-2017, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S2000 - Simply One of the Best Cars

After wanting one for more than 15 years, I finally got an S2000 last week ('04 with 14K miles). Since then, I just cannot stop driving it. I have owned many sports cars in the past including multiple NSXs, BMW M cars, Audi S cars, Mercedes AMG cars, Jaguars and Porsches, and a few Italians... but I finally understand why the S2000 is really special. This car got everything right: character, feel, sound, composure, speed, comfort, style, ergonomics... And most importantly, it has so much soul (whoever keeps on saying Japanese cars have no soul is absolutely ignorant).

I cannot believe I have waited this long, but it's better late than never. I love this car, and it's simply one of the best cars in the world in any time era.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:43 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I waited my whole life for a car like the S2000. It is my dream car, too.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:58 AM

Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

It's hard to explain to ppl what makes it so good. Even just one drive doesn't do it. You have to spend a few days driving it and experiencing it in dynamic driving environments to really understand. At least that's how it was for me.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:48 AM

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Tell me more about these Italians you've driven. My interest in owning one in the near future is at an all time high.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:16 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Its always nice to hear this from someone who has own so many nice cars.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wholeheartedly agree. I have had 3 NSX and while they are marvelous cars (still have 2), they are a chore to drive since all the inputs are much stiffer. The S2K is much more nimble and responsive. Mine has 4.77 gears which only adds to the appeal IMO. I shopped for multiple Porsches (996, 996, 991) before just happening upon a S2K by chance. First drive it just fit like a glove. I knew it was the one!
Old 10-01-2017, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's an odd car. I don't track it but I love taking it to redline and through mountain roads and i've driven it far more than any other car i've ever owned. I'm going on four years ownership now. I think about selling it all the time and getting a more practical vehicle such as a Tacoma or something of that sort but I know the moment i do i'll regret it the moment i see someone drive it away with it. It's not the fastest thing in a straight line but what sold me on the S2000 besides the handling and incredibly good looking design was the excitement it makes you feel. I almost bought an FRS before it and while I thought it was a good car I found it to be a boring car. No soul. I've kept it stock up until recently and now I don't see myself ever getting rid of it willingly.

Best car I've ever owned.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:36 AM

Received 107 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Insomniaa
I think about selling it all the time and getting a more practical vehicle such as a Tacoma or something of that sort but I know the moment i do i'll regret it the moment i see someone drive it away with it.
Trust me... you don't want a Tacoma. I actually came from a Tacoma (12+ years) to the S2k lol.

I was in the same boat (I wanted something more practical, normal and boring)....but from my ricer days in the '90s-2000. I gave up all the modded car stuff (B series swapped EG, SR swapped S13, etc.) and went to a Tacoma. It was nice...but super boring, super slow, unattractive & hokey (lol) looking, sloppy handling, the complete opposite of nimble, actually rides like crap (leaf springs), heavy, bad gas mileage, hard to wash, etc., etc. Also not as reliable as a Honda; despite it being a Toyota and a Tacoma (real seal leaks, water pump going bad, timing belt, squeaky bearings everywhere, etc., etc.). Lastly, everybody will be asking you for help whenever they move or pick-up heavy stuff from the hardware store lol.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jah2000
Trust me... you don't want a Tacoma. I actually came from a Tacoma (12+ years) to the S2k lol.

I was in the same boat (I wanted something more practical, normal and boring)....but from my ricer days in the '90s-2000. I gave up all the modded car stuff (B series swapped EG, SR swapped S13, etc.) and went to a Tacoma. It was nice...but super boring, super slow, unattractive & hokey (lol) looking, sloppy handling, the complete opposite of nimble, actually rides like crap (leaf springs), heavy, bad gas mileage, hard to wash, etc., etc. Also not as reliable as a Honda; despite it being a Toyota and a Tacoma (real seal leaks, water pump going bad, timing belt, squeaky bearings everywhere, etc., etc.). Lastly, everybody will be asking you for help whenever they move or pick-up heavy stuff from the hardware store lol.
These are pretty much the reasons I haven't lmao. Especially people asking for favors all the time, I'm guilty of that haha. So for now i'm just waiting till I can get something in addition to the S2K. Plus I'm seeing less S2K around. I see them here and there but I feel like 5-10 years from now it'd be really nice to have. I think my next/additional vehicle will be a truck of some sort.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:51 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

What a car. And, to think I basically just fell into it. I honestly did not understand what an outstanding car it is when I purchased it about a year and half ago.
I just got home from a spectacular drive through the hills and valleys of central Vermont on a drop dead gorgeous day in peak foliage. Ahh. Life is good.
I take a smidgen of joy in the knowledge that the Porsche drivers that pass by feel a bit of secret Honda envy when they realize its not a Miata. I always give them a friendly wave.

Quick Reply: S2000 - Simply One of the Best Cars