S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   S4 gets the Speeding ticket. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/s4-gets-speeding-ticket-9454/)

gitdown 03-18-2001 05:34 PM

Yesterday I was heading up in my 3 week old S2000 to a town about 40 miles north of Salt Lake City, Utah to track down a little punk who is trying to rip me off on an EBAY auction. (not that this hasn't happened before) Well to make a long story short about what happened. The kid I find out is 17 years old and has moved from the address where he received my payment but the great detective work I did was to find his old room mate, talk to his old landlord and get his cell phone number and where he worked. If you guessed the Pizza hut then you were right. I talked to his manager just enough to have him put the fear of God into the little crookster. On the way back home I was still pumped up from tracking down this little punk but was feeling good about what I had done. I was driving on a road which had 2 lanes in each direction through a construction area (40MPH) when a guy in a S4 with 3 kids in his car ( all 6 years and under) pulls along side and starts revving his engine and speeds up and then slows down and starts tailgaiting me and pulls up to the side of me and revs up again. Well I have my 24 year old son in the seat next to me saying " dad that guy is a jerk-show him what this can do " ( well since I am going to be a gramps in about 6 months I am not into racing but there is only so much one can take) Well the road widens to 3 lanes and I pull up next to the S4 and he starts off so I say WTH lets see what happens. This area of road goes up a hill about a mile or so. I drop down into second and get about a 50 jump on this guy in the S4. As I was watching him in my rear view mirror I hit the top of the hill and am at about 105 MPH with him still about 50 feet behind me. As I hit the top of the hill I see a police officer at the bottom of the hill ( for going to be a gramps I still have pretty good distance vision) and I hit the brakes and am back to the speed limit in a second or so. The S4 screams past me in the fast lane doing about 115 MPH and is about halfway down the other side of the hill when he finally spots officer friendly waiting for someone to give a ticket to.

I am about 5 blocks behind him at this time. The cop hit his red lights and pulls out and takes off after the S4 while I make a right turn and head back on the road where the officer was waiting. The bad thing about this whole thing is that the guy wasn't wearing a seat belt nor was his kid in the front seat or the two smaller kids ( about 3 years old) in the back seat. Well I waited about 10 minutes and then got back on the road and passed the S4 who was pulled over and officer friendly was writing him out a ticket. Wow I don't know how much that will cost him but I bet a pretty penny as he was doing at least 55 to 60 over the speed limit when he was clocked. No seat belts and kids in the car. Well when I got home the phone was ringing and guess who was on the phone? Well if you guessed the punk who tried to rip me off on EBAY you were right. He was full of it and fed me about 10 minutes full of lies and I just listened to him go on and on, but now I think I will have my CD player in about a day from now from him. All and all this was a pretty good day. I nailed the little punk who tried to rip me off on EBAY, and also the guy in the S4 who was a total jerk who was tailgaiting me and begging to race got his too. I can just hear him telling his wife that some guy in a red sports car was speeding and then stopped and the police clocked him but gave me the ticket. I thought some of you might enjoy hearing this one.

Gitdown ( as I can't wait for the spring run off so I can gitdown the whitewater in my rafts)

gregstevens 03-18-2001 05:40 PM

Nice job...on BOTH counts!!

:D

Mindcore 03-18-2001 06:10 PM

Great story, I'm kinda pumped myself :)

MacGyver 03-18-2001 06:30 PM

gitdown,

Yeah, I would have LOVED to been a fly on the windshield listening to THAT conversation. If someone wants to go wrapping themselves around a telephone pole (as well as willing occupants), go for it, but to put innocent kids in the mix shows VERY poor judgement.

Although you never know...some officers will write the speeding ticket out and never once bat an eye about the kids being unchained. I was stopped at an intersection red light and watched a lady pop someone from behind...only to see the 3 kids in the back get slammed into the front seat, and the baby carrier (FORWARD facing) slam into the windshield. She got a ticket for the accident, but nothing for no child seatbelts...I even had to call the paramedics MYSELF to have them check out the baby and kids...the cop wasn't concerned. Of course, I was quite bothered by the fact that the MOTHER wasn't concerned either...<sigh>

Good to know you stuffed the guy!

bguernsey 03-18-2001 08:09 PM

:D

Wow, I do feel bad for the guy though...even if he was a jerk. That kind of ticket can carry an immediate suspension in some states and a trip to jail.

I do know that I've enjoyed that feeling before when I was driving 70 in the fast lane (passing slow traffic on the right going about 55) and a Firebird comes up behind me doing 90+ and slows and rides my tail. I, as any intelligent driver SHOULD do, got over and out of his way so he could continue at high speed (hey, its his risk) and then got back in the fast lane and continued at 70mph.

5-10 miles up the road I see him pulled over. I didn't feel the least bit bad. If I had raced him, I might have felt bad, but being that he had to close in on my tail and not give me 10 seconds to find a free spot to pull into the slow lane, I was filled with joy...

-B

S2K_CLS 03-18-2001 08:21 PM

well said, Mac...

I too have a real problem with people that dont have their kids buckled up. Even if they don't go flying in an accident, they can cause one by wandering around in the car...

While I wish harm on no one, sometimes a part of me says to that people like that deserve the loss of a child to punctuate the sentence of their stupidity...

I know its bad to think like that, but man... seatbelts have been around for HOW LONG? I lost a dear friend because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt, but I didn't need that to get me started... I've always worn my seatbelt...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MacGyver
[B]gitdown,

Yeah, I would have LOVED to been a fly on the windshield listening to THAT conversation.

CriticalPath 03-18-2001 08:34 PM

Originally posted by S2K_CLS
I know its bad to think like that, but man...
You are not alone, but aimed at the guilty not the kids. Darwin lives on...

S2K_CLS 03-18-2001 08:36 PM

correct, aimed at the guilty... too bad the kid has to pay the price... of course, the price on the parents is equally bad...

Originally posted by CriticalPath

Originally posted by S2K_CLS
I know its bad to think like that, but man...
You are not alone, but aimed at the guilty not the kids. Darwin lives on...

Roceye 03-18-2001 09:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bguernsey
[B]:D

Wow, I do feel bad for the guy though...even if he was a jerk.