S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

"secret glovebox"/roof down

Old 11-05-2006, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "secret glovebox"/roof down

If your roof is down can you fully open your top glove box? I had a AP1 and I don't remember not being able to open it the whole way. Do I need my roof stop adjusted?
Thanks
Old 11-05-2006, 08:27 AM

i cant do it either
Old 11-05-2006, 10:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONG9,Nov 5 2006, 09:20 AM
If your roof is down can you fully open your top glove box? I had a AP1 and I don't remember not being able to open it the whole way. Do I need my roof stop adjusted?
Thanks
I know exactly what you mean man, you really have to push it. It won't harm anything...there's just something in the way of it.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:30 AM

You guys need the modifry fix. If you're sitting in your car with the top up, there are 2 elastic bands above you. Those 2 elastic bands are stretched and old. You see the metal bar that it is attached to? Watch that bar when you open your top. Half way through opening, the bar is supposed to be pulled back by the elastic bands.

But wait, ZONG, you have a 2005. The bands should not be worn out yet. You should bring it back to the dealership for warranty. JDMish, you probably have the same problem I had.

And Yes, you should be able to open the secret compartment even if your top is down.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I never put my top up and I can get into the compartment.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gomarlins3,Nov 5 2006, 02:42 PM
I never put my top up and I can get into the compartment.
what he said!!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:38 PM

so Igave the car to the dealer for the day; and get a call that there is nothing wrong. I talk to service manager tell her exactly what is wrong offer to e-mail her how to fix it; tell her to try and open the top glove box... get second call late afternoon. we can't duplicate problem nothing wrong I opened top glove box full lock... Get there not fixed and show the service manager what is wrong and when I open top lid look on face tells me didn't even know it was there. How annoying is it that we know our cars better then a Honda service manager and even more annoying when they won't listen to us when we try to help them
Old 11-17-2006, 09:16 PM

i have no problems what so ever
Old 11-18-2006, 02:36 AM

so Igave the car to the dealer for the day; and get a call that there is nothing wrong. I talk to service manager tell her exactly what is wrong offer to e-mail her how to fix it; tell her to try and open the top glove box... get second call late afternoon. we can't duplicate problem nothing wrong I opened top glove box full lock... Get there not fixed and show the service manager what is wrong and when I open top lid look on face tells me didn't even know it was there. How annoying is it that we know our cars better then a Honda service manager and even more annoying when they won't listen to us when we try to help them
If I understand this correctly, the dealer thought you were having a problem with the door to the main "glove box", not the secret compartment. How they would think that's affected by the top is truly remarkable. And if they, including the service manager, didn't know about the compartment, I'd say it's time to run -- hell, sprint -- to another dealer.

This one needs to go in the secret compartment hall of fame -- a clueless service manager. HPH
Old 11-18-2006, 10:58 AM

Zong, read this thread that I posted earlier. It may be that this is why your secret compartment won't open all the way.

Quick Reply: "secret glovebox"/roof down