S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Seller being a complete ass.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I'm doing is just using the seller to find out the information about the car, since we all know how much dealers actually know about the cars they sell. I also did all my paperwork through the dealer, I was just told by the seller that if I gave a 2,000 deposit that he would get the dealer to hold the car for a week.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Community Organizer

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

if you put down a deposit and you have a receipt, that car it yours, period. If you have a deposit down that car cannot be sold to anyone else and unless it's in writing you have no "timeline" you need to meet for full payment.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:31 PM

Nowhere on the paperwork/receipt that it says anything about a timeline. According to them, they also got a deposit from someone else.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Community Organizer

they cannot do that, it is illegal. Sounds like a very shady place and at this point i would go back and get your deposit back from them and find another car. If they are dicking you aorund you don't want to buy a car form them, sounds overpriced to begin with.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:38 PM

Trust me, this is the best s2000 I have seen, the interior is flawless. You CANNOT find me a better ap1 in yellow or white with around 75,000kms in this condition for this price, with all the documents, all the receipts, hard top in mint condition.

What's funny is the fact that this guy is selling multiple Ferrari's. He's sold a 360 'vert and is selling a 430.

Here's the email he sent me.

"When I told you I would give you a week it was before I had another offer. To be honest someone offered my full asking price and out of respect for you and what I had offered you in terms of price I decided to honour my word even though it would mean making $1000 less on the car. Yes, the front rim has a dent (doesn't affect the driving of the car) and I forgot to mention it to you. I have a deposit from the other customer and if this is a deal breaker for you let me know. I do however have to get back to that other potential buyer but I will give you until tomorrow at 3:00pm to finalize your loan as I need to let the other potential buyer know where he stands. If it wasn't for me stopping Brad from selling the car on Friday it would have been sold. Since I have been dealing with you for the last week or so and I know how passionate you are about the car I wanted you to have it. Let me know if you still want the vehicle and if you still do I will need to know the answer about the financing by tomorrow at 3:00pm. Good luck with getting the loan."

The hard top is a must because I plan on doing long trips and driving it through the winter.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Community Organizer

He cannot sell the car, you have a deposit on it. That's the long and short of it. Tell him that you know it is illegal for him to sell it after you put down a deposit and that is that.

And please don't drive it in the winter, buy a beater. The S is a roadster, made for summer driving, not driving in the snow
Old 07-12-2011, 12:55 PM

It's illegal to take deposits from 2 different people for the same car.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by jsenclosure
He cannot sell the car, you have a deposit on it. That's the long and short of it. Tell him that you know it is illegal for him to sell it after you put down a deposit and that is that.

And please don't drive it in the winter, buy a beater. The S is a roadster, made for summer driving, not driving in the snow
I have a seasonal job, so I don't work in the winter, therefore the car will be hardly driven. I'm also getting the car prepped for winter anyway, under coated, rust proofed, I have the ap1 wheels for winters.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

fk that guy and get your 2k back
Old 07-12-2011, 02:28 PM

Received 1,106 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan2949
Nowhere on the paperwork/receipt that it says anything about a timeline. According to them, they also got a deposit from someone else.
Hopefully, your receipt doesn't say that your deposit is non-refundable.

Quick Reply: Seller being a complete ass.