S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   So close to owning my 1st s2k but... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/so-close-owning-my-1st-s2k-but-896230/)

is2s2k 09-10-2011 09:29 PM

So close to owning my 1st s2k but...

Hey everyone, I finally found "the one" after searching for about a month. Spoke with the seller and we agreed on a price but all the banks I spoke to will not finance for a private party sale. Suntrust bank would but the only problem is since I'm located in North Carolina and the seller is in Ohio, they will not finance the car without both of us present at a suntrust branch, and there are not any branches in Ohio. Trying to get the car next weekend and this is the only thing holding me back...ahhh

Anyone have any experience or advice they would like to share? This is my first private party purchase and didn't think it would be this difficult with the bank.

SpacemanBrent 09-10-2011 10:06 PM

I had this problem with my credit union. I resolved it by not buying the CR I was looking at in AZ and buying a base model locally.

Noizemaker 09-10-2011 10:32 PM

Banks are weird by you. I've bought multiple out of state cars from private party through both of my credit unions. So strange they won't do it!

crosscreek 09-11-2011 04:32 AM

Try CapitalOne, they offer a blank check program in which you apply, get approved for up to a certain amount, then send you a blank check to not exceed the approval amount. It worked for me a few years ago, good luck!

Sabre 09-11-2011 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by crosscreek (Post 20961908)
Try CapitalOne, they offer a blank check program in which you apply, get approved for up to a certain amount, then send you a blank check to not exceed the approval amount. It worked for me a few years ago, good luck!

e-loan.com does the same thing and I have used it to purchase a car before. Worked really well and ended up being slightly lower APR than the banks for me at the time due to having mediocre credit.I personally cant stand CapitolOne.

pds2002 09-11-2011 07:52 AM

You might try a federal credit union. they can offer lower interest rates and whatnot cause they are insured by the gov.. I just joined the honda federal credit union here in ohio by the main plant. they financed me no problem where my old bank wouldnt.

Orange2k 09-11-2011 08:17 AM

if it comes down to it you could finance threw someone else get the car and then refinance threw your bank (may cost a little in extra fees)

sorry for bad spelling in a hurry

is2s2k 09-11-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by crosscreek (Post 20961908)

The seller has a lien with CapitalOne and I would not mind financing with them as well but they do not do private part loans. Don't know if they can make an exception to this. Right now I'm just looking for any bank that would allow me to finance private party out of state and once I do I will probably refinance with my bank.

JDMProductions 09-11-2011 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by is2s2k (Post 20962509)

Originally Posted by crosscreek' timestamp='1315744353' post='20961908

The seller has a lien with CapitalOne and I would not mind financing with them as well but they do not do private part loans. Don't know if they can make an exception to this. Right now I'm just looking for any bank that would allow me to finance private party out of state and once I do I will probably refinance with my bank.

They do private party loans. I used them about five years ago!

ChrisHS2000 09-11-2011 02:57 PM

PenFed. 1.99%