S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

So, I'm takin a test drive at 2pm today...

Old 08-29-2003, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up. I'm glad you enjoyed it and got to do some
Old 08-29-2003, 03:47 PM

I think you just scared the guy. How old was he? Did he ever say a word during the drive? I find it hard to beleive he didn't try to sell you on it. Oh well, you got what you wanted with no hassle. Can't beat that.
Old 08-29-2003, 03:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ZoomZoomS2
[B]I think you just scared the guy.
Old 08-29-2003, 04:11 PM

good to hear you had a nice salesman...those are hard to come by!! So, is the S on your list of cars to buy now?!?!
Old 08-29-2003, 04:24 PM

As we start pulling into the dealer lot, my salesman says, \\"Well, I hope you enjoyed the car, if you have any questions, here is my card, feel free to give me a call sometime\\". That's it. We got out, shook hands, and I was on my way. No haggling, none of the old, why don't you take a seat so I can get your phone number and we can run through some pricing. Nothing. He was such a great salesman, I would recommend him to anyone.

He obviously wasn't a "GOOD" salesman at all if he let you walk away like that. I would fire that guy in a heart beat. The car business is not about letting people kill time to get some feeling of importance by driving cars they either cannot afford, or just aren't plain serious about. He may have been nioce, but he did not do his job correctly at all. Halfway through the test drive, after I realized what kind of customer you were, and was just there to drive a car they probably will never own, I would have asked you to pull over, and allow me to show you the trunk space, then while you were checking out the exterior, I would've driven away and yelled at you thanks for wasting my time!!!!!!!Then, I would've let you walk back to the dealership, and be on your merry way to waste someone else's time. Time is money - you are the kind of person that I feel sorry for... Oh, and by the way, good luck on driving other cars that you're not going to buy and wasting more people's time. Hopefully, you'll run into someone who puts you in your place and throws you out of their dealership.
Old 08-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blue Bitch 2K
[B]
Old 08-29-2003, 05:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blue Bitch 2K
[B]
Old 08-29-2003, 05:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GChambers
[B]

I hate to say it, but . There is no excuse for not trying to sell you a car. And, if I were that salesman and you told me that you wanted to drive a car and had no interest in buying it, I would have told you to try Avis, Budget or Dollar Rental cars.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:03 PM

I agree with Bugatti on this one. People hate to be hassled into buying a car. I would much rather buy from that salesman than one who pressured me into buying. I know what I want, I know the price I'll pay, and if I want to buy it, I'll buy. You're not going to pressure me into buying it, and if you try, I'll go somewhere else.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:13 PM
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bugatti212
[B]I already told him, I'm not interested in buying and he quickly informed me that he will still try his hardest to sell it to me

Quick Reply: So, I'm takin a test drive at 2pm today...