S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Sometimes decisions get made for you.

Old 01-07-2003, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sometimes decisions get made for you.

When I bought my S2000 I couldn't decide if I liked the car with the OEM front spoiler or not. Since I couldn't decide, I figured that I'd just save my money.

Well, today I was parking my car and ran straight in to the curb. I didn't just touch it, I hit it hard enough that my car bounced backwards. I guess that I was thinking too much about lunch and not enough about where I was going. The bottom half of the lower front part of the bumper has several scratches. I guess that I'm lucky that there was no more damage.

The good news is that according to my 1/18th scale S2000 model the OEM spoiler will cover the damage if I install it. Does anyone have a pic of the bottom front of the bumper with the OEM spoiler installed? Also, where is the best place to purchase the spoiler? I assume that it comes already painted and it is relatively simple to install.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:15 AM

The best place to buy is from the Hardtopguy (that's his user name).
$300 + shipping. Jeff works for a Honda dealership and this is the best price. He is also a sponsor.

I can't help you with a pic however since I never took one from the angle that you're looking for.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old pic but I hope this helps
Old 01-08-2003, 11:34 AM

spapdx,

From your picture, it looks like it will definitely cover the damage. Thanks.

DVDoughboy,

Do you know which site sponsor is Jeff's? I found a front spoiler for $371.20 delivered from H&A Accessories, but couldn't find anything else in the sponsor section.
Old 01-08-2003, 01:24 PM

I don't think he has a site. he works for Ganley Honda.
PM Hardtopguy or call him at 1-800-342-8158 x 4654 .

I think with shipping it comes out to $33X.XX or so.

Hope that helps
Old 01-08-2003, 02:59 PM
STL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sheister,
Just remember that next time you do that you'll probably destroy that new $300 spoiler.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by STL
[B]Sheister,
Old 02-12-2003, 04:54 AM

I ordered and received a new front spoiler from Jeff at Ganley Honda. There were no problems and the spoiler arrived quickly. Here is a pic before the installation:

And here's one with the spoiler installed:

Overall, the installation wasn't too difficult. I think that the installation instructions could have been written better. They left out important things like the need to remove the front wheels. The only problem that I had with the installation is a gap between the spoiler and the inside of the wheel well. It seems that the tension of the spoiler is causing the same gap on both sides:

Did anyone else experience this same gapping with their installation? If so, how did you fix it?
Old 02-12-2003, 05:40 AM

HARDTOPGUY is the bomb. Best price in town. I got mine two weeks ago. I have yet to install because I want to get clearshield on the spoiler before install.

Sheister, I did notice some gap when I just put the spoiler up to the Bumper for fit and feel. Did anyone else here have to 'massage' the spoiler before install?
Old 02-12-2003, 06:25 AM
S2K

Mine didn't have any gaps, fits like a glove.

I didn't have to take my tires off to put the front lip on...just turn the wheels so you have enough room to get to the screws.

Quick Reply: Sometimes decisions get made for you.