S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Suit/clothing carrying bag for s2000

Old 05-15-2009, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suit/clothing carrying bag for s2000

I remember seeing an accessory for the s2k on a website somewhere a while back. I am trying to find it again or find out what it is called. Its one of those bags that you usually put over a hanger, you can store cloths without folding, say if you go to the drycleaner and you have your cloths with the hangers on you would put it in this long bag type thing, the bag has a compartment on it that fits snug over the headrest and allows the cloths to hang behind the seat. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Thanks
Old 05-16-2009, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had to go to an evening ceremony the other day. i just tossed the jacket in the trunk and lint rolled the sucker upon removal. i do have a garment bag but the trunk wouldn't fit without folding anyways...
Old 12-27-2018, 01:30 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I have a suit/ shirt bag from Roadstersolutions.com that I don’t see listed anymore. However they offer something different now that might work. Look under S2000 accessories.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:33 PM

Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

If you properly fold your shirts and even suit jacket will look mint. I'm sure Youtube has a few tutorials.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:46 PM

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by havoc2005
I remember seeing an accessory for the s2k on a website somewhere a while back. I am trying to find it again or find out what it is called. Its one of those bags that you usually put over a hanger, you can store cloths without folding, say if you go to the drycleaner and you have your cloths with the hangers on you would put it in this long bag type thing, the bag has a compartment on it that fits snug over the headrest and allows the cloths to hang behind the seat. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Thanks
That would actually be pretty neat. My trick is using a suit bag from one of the places I bought it from (Macy's for instance) and a nice quality wooden hanger with a swivel head. I then place the tip of the swiveled head in the groove of the roll hoop of the passenger side so that it stays in place (centered) and slide the seat back then lean it back so that it's 'just' touching the bag to help keep it in place. Not too much because you don't want to crumple the suit, but just so it's touching (we're talking feeler gauge precision here). That right there is enough to keep it in place. I used this method extensively while driving around the country. Suit bag always stayed in place, suits and shirts stayed perfect.

To the other suggestions...putting your suit in the trunk, and on the floor (the floor!)...only cretins and mongrels would behave in such a manner!

Old 12-27-2018, 05:05 PM

Roadster Solutions is out of stock on the folding seat back garment bag, yet these folks have them in stock:
https://www.roadtripluggage.com/road...tback-luggage/

Also, I have fit two 22" carry-on luggage bags into the trunk of the S without removing the tool kit. You can learn to fold your clothes for a week or so into one of those. Two of us travelled for two weeks like that, and others have had other creative means.

I, and a few others, have picked up a removable luggage rack for the S by Surco, for the times you need to carry more, or if you get a flat rear tire on a long trip far from a repair shop.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
I, and a few others, have picked up a removable luggage rack for the S
Heathens, the lot of you!

That suit bag is actually quite nice, wish I had seen that before.

Here's a pic of my gear while I lived out of the S for 1.5 years driving around the country. Strategically packed due to the S having a 500 lb total weight restriction, so it allowed me to have a passenger and not live like a hobo with garbage all over the place, keeping the front seats open. Enough clothes for two weeks, suits, cold and warm weather clothes, 4 sets of shoes (1 dress, 3 tennis), a bug out bag complete with anything and everything you can think of to survive a zombie apocalypse (from creams, band aids, iodine pills, emergency matches, rations, emergency water... if my car broke down in the desert I could survive for a week, fighting zombies, and look good doing it), 17" MacBook pro with all peripherals... only thing not in that pic was my AR15 and an ammo can.

Man...I'm now depressed thinking of life on the open road, how was amazing it was and life in an office sucks no matter what the job is.

I've strayed... that suit bag you recommended looks perfect for the next trip.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:57 PM

Wow! Thomas Guide, that looks like an impressive load. Were you alone on the trip or with a partner? Could you share a video of loading all that gear and unloading to show us how it's done? Did you need to break down your AR 15? Did you travel with the spare tire? I am really interested to see all that you laid out will fit in the S.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thomas Guide
Here's a pic of my gear while I lived out of the S for 1.5 years driving around the country. Strategically packed due to the S having a 500 lb total weight restriction, so it allowed me to have a passenger and not live like a hobo with garbage all over the place, keeping the front seats open. Enough clothes for two weeks, suits, cold and warm weather clothes, 4 sets of shoes (1 dress, 3 tennis), a bug out bag complete with anything and everything you can think of to survive a zombie apocalypse (from creams, band aids, iodine pills, emergency matches, rations, emergency water... if my car broke down in the desert I could survive for a week, fighting zombies, and look good doing it), 17" MacBook pro with all peripherals... only thing not in that pic was my AR15 and an ammo can.

Man...I'm now depressed thinking of life on the open road, how was amazing it was and life in an office sucks no matter what the job is.
You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

Do you have a travelogue or something somewhere? I love being free to live and roam from a car but doing it in the S seems like a difficult prospect. Very interested in how you fared.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:53 PM

@reversible @AZS2KDancer I finally got to putting the gear list down, check out this thread:

​​​​​​https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ta...s2000-1191834/

Quick Reply: Suit/clothing carrying bag for s2000