S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

tell me why i shouldn't trade my s2 for an evo

Old 06-29-2006, 09:01 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Look at this photo of my buddie's Evo and then click next to see my S in the same corner. Reinforced my opinion that I bought the right car!

http://public.fotki.com/jdwinchester/scca_...l_tour/086.html
Old 06-29-2006, 09:08 AM
WPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll give you the typical arrogant s2ki response. if you have to question it you dont deserve this car
Old 06-29-2006, 09:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WPS,Jun 29 2006, 09:08 AM
i'll give you the typical arrogant s2ki response. if you have to question it you dont deserve this car

I think those of us that really love this car are getting it's true value out of it. This value as described is the looks, the fun factor, the rear wheel drive, the convertible aspect of it. Seems like these features are not constantly bringing value to you as ownership of this car continues because it sounds like a more practical car like an Evo would serve up more practicality for your other hobbies...so to be frank, not to be so blunt to say you don't deserve this car, but it doesn't sound like a car for you because the features you listed for the Evo sound pleasing to you. TURBO.

But being that you've asked this in the S2Ki forum, I don't know any good reasons to switch over to an EVO because the S2000 was purchased for the it's fun factor and I totally understand this and it does the job well! I'd regret it if I sold it.
It'd have to lose out to similar car....IE rwd, and go kart type handling.

Good luck on your decision.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:52 AM

@wps : what kind of car is in your sig?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:59 AM

All I'll say is that my friend bought an 03 Evo about 2 years ago and sold it less than a year after. He said he was always afraid of something going wrong with the car, so he'd never get on it. What fun is that?

What I thought was pretty sneaky for Mitsu to do was to go into the posted results for track/autox and void warranties of the Evo owners. I guess you're supposed to buy a car because of it's racing heritage and just admire it on paper, not on actual application.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:30 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

stocky Posted on Jun 29 2006, 07:52 PM
@wps : what kind of car is in your sig?
It's a '94 Mazda RX7.

Found it here:
http://www.thefastandthefurious.com/microsite/

And I would keep the S2000.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:41 AM

It's like comparing a hammer and a screwdriver, imo. Two different tools that really can't be directly compared. In a perfect world, we'd all have an S2k for sunny days, and an Evo, Subie, etc for rain, mud, etc... so therefore you should have both. Problem solved.

Mark
Old 06-29-2006, 10:43 AM

evo 9 are only evo worth getting. so stick with your s2k
Old 06-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Ek9
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd take an STI over Evo any day. Simply because the STI tends to be more reliable. Buddy of mine has an 2003 Evo. He's an adult driver. Tracks it from time to time. He developed a rod knock last year and has had to do a rebuild. I consider that car well maintained up to that point.

Neither car is all that on the track which surprised the hell out of me. They're both pretty heavy. The group I go to the track with have a running joke about how Mitsu's and DSM's (American Mitsu's) won't survive a single day at the track. It's not always true but, DSM's are always breaking on the track (pretty much the Evo motor).

I don't know about where you live but, Mitsu dealers are getting pretty scarce. They're in dire financial condition at the moment. Mercedes has refused to continue funding them. Subaru and Honda are going strong.

My reasons for picking an S2K over an Evo or STI is ease of maintainance and reliability. Lets face it, the '2k is sexier than either of those car's too. If you don't track the car or need 4 doors then the STI is better then the Evo.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:09 AM

I traded in my 03 Evo in May for an 06 Evo. It was a very hard decision for me to make. I had basic 'stage 1' mods, flash, exhaust. It was FAST and handled very well. Was great in winter with snow tires. Some things bugged me though ->

EVERYONE wanted to race me always. Highways. Side streets. Alleys. From 91' civics to 06' M5's. kinda got old

After my mods the car was fast. I was having a real hard time controlling myself on the road . I went through the gears one day on the highway looked down and I was doing 140 in no time. This is more a self control thing.

I missed having a convertible, my previous car before the Evo was a 98' BMW M Roadster and I had fun with that.

My Evo was pretty reliable but kinda expensive to maintain. I was in need of a 3rd set of brake pads at 35k. My clutch was still good, but it you slipped it too much, which was the only good way to launch it, you could easily burn through one in no time.

If I had any children I would have definately kept the Evo. I do miss it at times. The prefect situation is to have both!

Quick Reply: tell me why i shouldn't trade my s2 for an evo