S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Tell us your S2000 story

Old 07-03-2006, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My story is very simple: Love at first sight 7 years ago (didn't get one due to financial reasons). Almost cheated on her and got an 2003 M3 (due to awesome deal from co-worker) when I had the money. However, I gave the S2000 a second look, and decided to stay loyal
Old 07-03-2006, 08:58 PM

After I saw the Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, when Han drifted around those girls and got their numbers, I had to buy an s2000. JK LOL

Alright. I walked to the lot and I was looking at the S2K. Next thing you know, I press the engine start button and I was hooked. I walked away with the keys 4 hours later after getting the car 500 under invoice. Best day of my life.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:43 AM
Pok

Long story short...

My babysitter as a kid was a 86 model Honda Prelude. I grew up in the Honda dealership where I live so I really don't have a choice.

List of Honda cars I have owned.

1978 Honda Civic "Hondamatic"
1989 Honda CRX 1.6-16V
1998 Honda Integra Type-R
2000 Honda S2000
2005 Honda Civic Type-R
1992 Honda Civic VTi (B16A2)
2006 Honda S2000

S2000 is the logical evolution in my choice of cars.

Didn't even testdrive the S before I bought it. Sold my first S2000 to finance my skydiving hobbies. Not going to do that again. One day I will upgrade to an NSX, preferrably NSX-R.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:49 AM

i had a 03 SI sold it to get a 04 500r ninja and a 02 ranger, sold the truck for a 93 jeep and crashed the ninja and got a 02 zx-7r, decided the jeep and the bike would suck to drive back and forth to college and all so i got a 85mr2 for cheap and a 87 for free, put them together it worked, blew the motor...sold it to some guy who thought he was lowballing me but i knew that there were way more problems then he thought he found...so i went and bought a s2k offa ebay flew to miami to pick it up and drove it back along the coast the whole way....so it was amazing...my first real S2K experience was driving mine the whole way top down along the florida coast from miami and then along the gulf coast the rest the way back to New Orleans.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Jek

I fell in love with two seat roadsters when I saw a '67 MGB for sale and took it for a test drive. I was 16 at the time, so it was 1999. I could barely drive stick but it didn't matter because that little engine and transmission were geared so low it was almost impossible to stall out. My parents didn't want me buying it though because it was so unreliable. But I fell in love with the two seat roadster style of car.

Fast forward three years. I was still driving my first vehicle, a '95 Cherokee. It got totaled when I was rear-ended, and I really wanted a 5 speed sportier car. We ended up getting me a '97 Civic LX 5-speed. It was (is) a great car, and I Autocrossed the hell out of it in College and even took it to a track school.

As I started to get into motorsports, I read about the S2000. I instantly wanted one since it was everything I loved about my Civic magnified. I got to drive a friend's in my junior year of college and got even more addicted. It became my constant desktop background. Whenever I felt like I didn't have the motivation to get through Engineering School, I would minimize whatever I was looking at and think about my future S2000.

I graduated on May 14th, 2005 with two Engineering Degrees and a job already lined up. A week later I bought my '00 silverstone S2000 with 21k miles on it (it had clearly been babied by the previous owner, although I bought it from Carmax). A little over a year later, it has 44k miles and has had the hell driven out of it. It's definitely not as pretty as it was, but other than that is none the worse for wear. This car makes me smile every day!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:53 AM

You guys have all had the greatest stories... I wish mine was as historical.

The saleswoman was HOT and had obnoxiously large breasts.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RWD_RCKT,Jul 4 2006, 09:53 AM

Old 07-04-2006, 12:30 PM

my name is Joel & I am a recovering Miata addict...

my first roadster was a 72 Triumph Spitfire (really my brothers car) ... it was toalled in 74 and I had been roadster free until 2001 when I was given the keys to a 91 Miata... I started modding... I was hiding deliveries from UPS & FedEx almost everyday... there was a period where I owned 2 & 3 Miatas at the same time.. I spent money I didn't intend to spend, I was telling lies to cover up my driving and the work I was doing to the cars...

then one day one of my closest friends bought an 03 S2000... he let me drive it.. I started looking for my own dealer who would hook me up with an S2000... I joined S2Ki.com things got worse... then it happened ... my dealer offered me a leftover 03 or a new 04 ... I could not see myself in Suzuka and the Berlina just spoke to me... I met other users in the Metro NYC community some had problems worse than mine ... these guys were adding suspension to new cars, forced induction mods, wheels... you name it.... my life hasn't been the same since... I know one day I'll get the help I need until then I try to enjoy each day as it comes... taking longer trips than necessary, volunteering to pick up rather than have meals delivered, attending regional and local events... I don't lie about my mods as much as I used to and I've met many other people like me so I don't feel as alone as I once did.

I just celebrated my 2nd S2000 anniversary back in April and with your help and that of a higher power I'll have many more.....
Old 07-04-2006, 01:29 PM

- Sold my '96 GS-R in Feb '04 - already started missing the sound of VTEC through the AEM CAI
- Bought a '04 Civic EX Coupe in Mar '04 for the Hercules > San Mateo Commute
- Started hating it about 2 weeks later when I couldn't power out of a jam with a frikkin RV at the Maze going to 80E from SF
- Sold my '88 Prelude Si beater to a friend that needed a beater
- Got let go from that San Mateo Job in April '04
- Found a job in Pleasanton in May '04
- Located the '02 S2 on cars.com, seller lowered the price $2000 because he was moving to NY in 8 days, made the deal at the end of May '04
- SOLD THE '04 CIVIC EX in June

5 car transactions in 5 months.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by RWD_RCKT,Jul 4 2006, 01:53 PM

I wouldn't mind if that's my story!!!

Quick Reply: Tell us your S2000 story