S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

For those who wanted UPS shipping prices for Custom Roof Well Mat buy

Old 10-17-2000, 02:08 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok comrades...as promised I have checked UPS shipping prices for the Roof Well Mats.

13 individual orders came in during the last 24 hours BTW. This is good going ... 7 more to go and I'll be placing the first order with the trim shop.

Here's those UPS prices...

To ship a single unit:
.5Kg or less = $AUD73 ($USD38.20)

Value Box:
10Kg = $AUD160 ($USD83.75)
25Kg = $AUD218 ($USD114.10)

Of course a value box would require a single delivery point in the US. As yet the lure of a free mat has not drawn a volunteer from the ranks.

If you refer back to my original posts you will see the Fedex prices are slightly cheaper.

Click here for pics

Secure Order Form
Old 10-17-2000, 02:14 PM

I hope those prices include the price of the item. I can't see paying $38 just to transport the item.
Old 10-17-2000, 02:24 PM

I don't have my S2000 yet, but I would be willing to be the US "distributor". I could just put this mat next to my Rick Hesel leather products that are also waiting for the car!

Mark
Old 10-17-2000, 02:29 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Muz, as I stated in your other post I would be willing to do this since I have access to UPS. The only problem I see now is that for this to be worth it I would have to get enough orders to divide the cost of the first shipment. How much of a difference is there in shipping this from Aus to Hawaii? I would think it would be lower due to the proximity. Let me know.
Old 10-17-2000, 04:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so its just money and much less than a new window!
Old 10-17-2000, 06:29 PM

What would the cost be for normal freight to the US (aka slow boat to china)? By the time the matt will arrive I suspect the car will be stored for the winter...
Old 10-17-2000, 07:04 PM

Muz-
I just ordered a roof mat. I'm assuming you will e-mail all individuals that have placed an order and let us know what, when, or even if the mats will be shipping. Thanks for making this nice product available for everyone! I am also willing to participate in any plan that would lower everyone's shipping costs.

-Kent
Silver/Red S2000
Old 10-17-2000, 07:10 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Prolene:
[B]I hope those prices include the price of the item.
Old 10-17-2000, 07:51 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

I now have 14 orders for individual delivery - another 6 and I will be heading to the shop.

I have gone to some lengths to impart all relevant information in my previous posts so if you've sailed in on this thread please refer back to them before putting your questions to me. http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...hp?threadid=335
The answer may very well be there already

I have checked both Fedex & UPS costs for both individual deliveries and bulk delivery to a single destination. Fedex is cheaper (slightly) on both counts.

turbo_pwr - Fedex rates for shipping to Hawaii are the same as for the continental US. I'd imagine UPS to be a similar story. I can check but I really do think we've already found the most cost-effective methods available to us.

i.e

1) Order your mat for individual delivery at Fedex (the cheaper) rates.

2) A bulk order to an individual address at Fedex rates (again ..cheaper than UPS)

The actual mat itself is only 108 grams so
there would be around 9.2 mats per kilogram. If you check my Fedex shipping price from the original post I think you will see that the shipping cost should not be a problem divided amongst this many orders.

kcopp - the mats will definitely be shipping. As soon as I have placed the 1st order with the shop I will email all those concerned. At the rate it's going it shouldn't be long.

wickerbill - Your offer is sincerely appreciated. turbo_pwr has previously offered to be the US distributor but had a query about UPS. If he is still wanting to go ahead in light of the info I have provided (and everybody else is happy with the idea) I will let him to do it on the basis of 'first in, first served'. May I come back to you if he declines?

turbo_pwr - let me know what you want to do. If others are happy to do the UPS thing for shipping that's fine with me. We are only talking about a few dollars difference after all.

Once organised I'll add an extra field to the order form so members can indicate if they are buying individually or part of a 'turbo buy' so to speak. I'll then start another thread specifically for the bulk buy.

In the meantime ... I'll continue processing the individual orders.
Old 10-18-2000, 06:07 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Muz the mats don't even weigh a quarter of a pound? Ok folks this is what I suggest. A bulk shipment of 10Kg will be $81.20/20=$4.06. UPS Ground (roughly 1 week) will be another $5-6, 3 day will be $7-10. So for ground that will be about $10 shipped to your door or a savings of about $28. Of course the more people the less the cost. To make this fair I will incur all the shipping costs up front and I ask that you reimburse me only after you have received the mat. Once I receive confirmation from Muz that you have paid I will email you the many ways you can contact me to set your mind at ease. If this sounds reasonable to everyone interested please post here so that we can get a list going (20 people is what I based the initial bulk shipment on). For those that have already paid I am curious if you would like to switch to this plan seeing how we can fit about 70 mats in a 10kg box. Muz if this works for you and everybody else send me an email.

Quick Reply: For those who wanted UPS shipping prices for Custom Roof Well Mat buy