S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Update of Yellow S2K @ Miami Auto Show (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/update-yellow-s2k-%40-miami-auto-show-156/)

SomethingWicked 10-15-2000 08:43 PM

Thanks to the tip from CoralDoc, I finally made it to the last day of the annual Miami Auto Show. This was its 10th day so I thought I could take my 35 mm and get some decent shots of the new Spa Yellow. (I needed some new wallpaper for my computer and even though I've deposited $500 for the first Yellow S2K from Brahman Honda in West Palm Beach, I wanted to be sure it wasn't) *shudder* (banana yellow.)

Well, whoever first reported on the gold flakes in the paint job was 100% correct. Also, I compared the paint to a nearby yellow Acura Integra and the Acura is just plain yellow (although quite handsome).

At a distance (50 yards) while inside the convention center, the yellow first looked a little like mustard, but upon reaching it, I noticed that Honda did not have a direct light focused on the car. Instead, it was just sitting in the middle of the floor with nary a single spotlight.

The gold flakes are tiny, almost difficult to see indoors, but they were large enough to know that when sunlight hits this car, the paint is going to sparkle like bright 24-carat gold! Those aluminum wheels are going to struggle to be noticed on this baby. I'm talking rich, rich color. No one will ever confuse this with lemon yellow. It's a professional color (as much as yellow can be) that still underlines the spirited nature and fun "drivability" of this automobile.

BTW, I had to beat the people off the car with a stick just to take a decent picture! I was there, in front of the car, for three hours and never once was there less that a crowd of a dozen men, women, and children who were pawing the paint off of the S2K. There was four lines of customers: to sit in the driver's seat, the passenger's seat, to view the engine and even to look into the trunk! They were constant and never ending.

Boys and girls, we have ourselves a legitimate dream machine with an unimaginable resell value. I haven't seen this much adoration since the inception of the Miata in 1990. Sure the S2K is much more expensive and it's not for everyone, but it's a purists' car that redefines automotive excitement. Even the average car buyer noticed it. Most of them didn't even know what they were looking at, but they knew it was something very special.

The S2K is a performance benchmark in the history of automobile excellence and if I could buy a dozen of them, I would.

lvs2k 10-16-2000 02:36 AM

I wonder what poor schlub's going to wind up buying that floor model after all those folks have pawed/sat/drooled all over the car. Maybe he/she will get a discount. Yeah, right!

JMark 10-16-2000 02:50 AM

Rick:

Post those pics when you get a chance. My Spa Yellow isn't due till Dec. My dealer saw one at the Honda show in New Orleans and pretty much agreed with your review.

wirejock 10-16-2000 04:44 AM

I reitterate..When is Honda going to update their website with the 2001 info? Everyone knows. Why the delay? And now I'm even more excited about my decision to buy the Spa yellow.

turbo_pwr 10-16-2000 06:17 AM

I wonder what poor schlub's going to wind up buying that floor model after all those folks have pawed/sat/drooled all over the car. Maybe he/she will get a discount. Yeah, right!
Don't know if the rules are different in Florida but talking to a dealer friend who worked at the NY car show last year, the rule is if people are allowed to sit inside it (at the show) it has to be sold as a floor/demo model. That is why some of the more expensive models are roped off or locked.

Siper2 10-16-2000 06:19 AM

Not that I haven't wanted an S2k for something like three years anyway, but now that I've seen this awesome yellow... I'm just going to, for the hell of it, pray to the never-gonna-happen gods that this IPO stuff happens for the company I'm at...!

Y'know damned well the Honda dealer would be my second stop!!!
(First stop = the bank :D )

Jay Li 10-16-2000 07:31 AM

The description of the paint...it makes me want to see the yellow in person before I really decide on a color now! Too bad there's no way I can do that.

Jay

SomethingWicked 10-16-2000 12:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JMark:
[B]Rick:

Post those pics when you get a chance.