S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Warranty? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/warranty-146837/)

1qwks2k 09-01-2003 05:30 PM

Warranty?

I bought an 01 S2K last friday...and it's the first car ive ever had that had a warranty...it has a "bumper to bumper" warranty till 08. I'm dyinnnnnn to mod this car but im curious....what can you do to a warranty'd car without voiding the warranty? Are there certain limitations? certain brands that wont void and certain ones that will? basically i dont wanna lower my car, put i/e on it and then be SOL, as far as the warranty on the car is concerned. Please someone help, of course if noone can ill just contact honda, but i'd prefer to get it from other s2000 owners if possible.

xviper 09-01-2003 07:07 PM

Your best bet would be to contact Honda for the final word, although they may give you the "company line" and it "could" be B.S.
From the sounds of it, you have an extended warranty. This may require that you transfer it to you to ensure it takes effect. There may or may not be a cost for transfer. Plus, you must check to see if in fact, the extended part is transferrable (some aren't). Mods will only affect the warranty of the part (or system) that it replaces or changes the function of. However, this may only be applicable to the basic 3 year warranty (please check). If you read over the extended warranty, there may be "small" print that says ANY mod will void an extended warranty. Again, please check plus read it over carefully.

joeking1978 09-01-2003 07:09 PM

Yes, ...for all of those self-proclaimed "experts" out there, I'm VERY curious too! Knowing my previous history with brand X, and a P.O.S. Lemon... I bought the extended warrenty. Now, this #@$#ing website has me waxing my car with testosterone! I've been told that you could put on an air intake on (and I have), and mess with the exhaust from the cat-back (...this I haven't yet... haven't really seen the added value in $1000+ for maybe 7 more HP, and a little extra growl). Everything else though, is supposedly off limits. I was told by a tech changing my oil, "that when they service the car... if anything un-approvingly aftermarket was found (such as a new chip in his example), that they remove it... place an original back on, and charge you for doing so... w/o your knowledge or consent!!! (this is at Tamaroff Honda in Southfield, Mi... if anyone wants to call B.S.

I've heard rumors of shops, or dealerships that will allow certain parts, Such as: Headers, manifolds, etc... and not void the warrenty if they perform the service. Is this BS too!? or does this all REAALLY depend on where you take it? I want my car to simply have the biggest set "jewels" in my little neighborhood... Hell... I want my car to have to shave in the morning! But I do not want to :spam: everything up, and live in regret when its all costing me huge bucks in the future!

so let's hear some tips!!

Shreiking S 09-01-2003 08:05 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1qwks2k
[B]I bought an 01 S2K last friday...and it's the first car ive ever had that had a warranty...it has a "bumper to bumper" warranty till 08.

lanbrown 09-02-2003 07:12 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by joeking1978
[B][COLOR=DARKBLUE]Yes,

mas 09-02-2003 07:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shreiking S
[B]If the previous owner purchased the extended Honda new car warranty (and there are many variants of these), that warranty stays with the purchaser, not the car.

nastinupe1 09-02-2003 08:13 AM

Warranty??? What warranty? Honda doesn't offer any type of warranty. Oh yea... are you talking about the $900 that they charge you so you can bring your car in only to find out that Honda doesn't cover wear and tear items... such as.... The car.

mas 09-02-2003 08:31 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nastinupe1
[B]Warranty??? What warranty?

ruexp67 09-02-2003 08:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shreiking S
[B]

mas 09-02-2003 08:46 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ruexp67
[B]Does this make sense to anyone?