S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What color s2000 did you choose and why? (not a thread about insurance)

Old 01-03-2014, 01:11 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts
Default What color s2000 did you choose and why? (not a thread about insurance)

Well, I found myself thinking, "What we need around here is another thread about car insurance!" But I just couldn't think of something unoriginal enough to ask, so instead, you get this. Feel free to come up with general topics directly s2000-related which don't include insurance discussions and start up your very own new thread for the new year.

When you purchased your S2000, what color s2000 did you choose and why? If you have had (or currently have) multiple S2000s, answer same question for each one.

Maybe you own a collection of CRs (one of each color...who would do that, right?) and have them on your palatial estate somewhere in the heart of the US. Would be great if you could share why you did that.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:16 PM

Received 119 Likes on 95 Posts

- Suzuka Blue
- Because it was clean, low mileage, and not black.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
- Suzuka Blue
Would you have considered another color (other than black)?
Old 01-03-2014, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New formula red
Because there's not many where I live
Old 01-03-2014, 01:21 PM

Received 119 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
- Suzuka Blue
Would you have considered another color (other than black)?
I would have taken any color other than black. Black shows swirls and hides lines. It was the same criteria for when I bought my STi as well.

For the most part, color doesn't sell me a car. Overall condition of the vehicle does. If the price was right, for the same car but in black, I might have considered it. Otherwise, I am not a fan of black cars.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:25 PM

Understood re black. Have owned two cars in black. Btdt.

I particularly wanted yellow or red, and in that order of preference. Since I bought new, I decided to indulge. I just felt that the yellow really popped and I fell in love with it. The heart wants what the heart wants.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:29 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

After owning three black cars I will never own another...unless its a deal which is what happened with the 2nd and 3rd black cars. I bought my SSM because it was a good deal and in very good shape. At least it has the black/red interior instaed of just black? When I think real hard about it, there isn't any s2000 color I wouldn't have...I like them all!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silverstone

I had no other choice, but i love the color

looks good day and night, i wanted black at first, but I have grown to love Silverstone even more
Old 01-03-2014, 02:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New to the forum, and not currently an S2000 owner.. However, I am looking to join the family very soon. Just waiting for that right car.

Looking for an NFR. Reason being that I associate red with sports cars. I just think that red is a magnificent looking color that really just make the lines pop.

The only reason why I would take another color over red, is because one of the only other s2k's in town done correctly is red. So I feel like I need to add some variety
Old 01-03-2014, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrakeValle
New to the forum, and not currently an S2000 owner.. However, I am looking to join the family very soon. Just waiting for that right car.

Looking for an NFR. Reason being that I associate red with sports cars. I just think that red is a magnificent looking color that really just make the lines pop.

The only reason why I would take another color over red, is because one of the only other s2k's in town done correctly is red. So I feel like I need to add some variety
+1

Quick Reply: What color s2000 did you choose and why? (not a thread about insurance)