S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What color s2000 did you choose and why? (not a thread about insurance)

Old 01-03-2014, 02:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

grand prix white, because i got there first and a few others wanted to buy it
Old 01-03-2014, 02:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I chose Silverstone for my S because I really liked the silver metallic on the car.
The color accents the body lines so nicely, it always looks clean, hides swirls etc.
Its a very low key, understated color. Doesnt draw as much attention from cops or people. Which i like.
However, I would absolutely love a white AP1 but they are so rare.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Silver because I don't like it.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:14 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Back in '02 Suzuka was a new color and I wanted something differant. Also considered white but wasn't crazy about the red interior that year. Considered yellow but thought I'd get sick of the color. A feature that I liked on the Suzukas was the blue interior, I was thinking it would stay cooler than black in the sun.
Levi
Old 01-03-2014, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My S was used so I took what they had.
I've owned 3 silver cars and the S is now my 4th.

I wanted black but based on miles, condition, year and price... Silver it is.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:35 PM

Received 1,105 Likes on 987 Posts

Had a Sebring Silver- which I loved. Was soooo tempted by the Laguna Blue Pearl back in 2007. Went to the dealer to test drive the Laguna and it was sitting side by side to a Grand Prix White. The water sprinklers had been on in the morning and the LBP was covered in waterspots. The GPW wasn't. That sealed the deal. Ended up with the GPW with black/red interior and have never regretted my choice.

Plus, GPW is the fastest color.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:10 PM

Yellow was my first choice, but color wasn't my primary consideration. I wanted a car that first had no accidents, no mods, not tracked and was well maintained and those factors alone made it hard.

I then came across a Laguna Blue and ended up buying that. The color has grown on me for a few reasons - 1. It's not very common, 2. Looks great, 3. It's not black (My daily is a Black and I hate maintaining it. I will never get a black car again.)
Old 01-03-2014, 04:12 PM

MY06 rio yellow purchased in 2011 for daily drive. it's the best color under the sun.
MY01 grand prix white purchased in 2013 for weekend warrior. Planning to get authentic amuse widebody and fully red interior conversion.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Laguna Blue Pearl - because the fiancee wanted that colour.

2nd choice was GPW with black interior. I would of love read mixed interior as well.

Avoided BB because black is so hard to keep clean and NFR because there are already 4 where I live and at autocross.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:24 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Well, I found myself thinking, "What we need around here is another thread about car insurance!" But I just couldn't think of something unoriginal enough to ask, so instead, you get this. Feel free to come up with general topics directly s2000-related which don't include insurance discussions and start up your very own new thread for the new year. When you purchased your S2000, what color s2000 did you choose and why? If you have had (or currently have) multiple S2000s, answer same question for each one. Maybe you own a collection of CRs (one of each color...who would do that, right?) and have them on your palatial estate somewhere in the heart of the US. Would be great if you could share why you did that.
Wow, I think I've been called out. HaHa !

In 2007 I bought a Silverstone because I really liked the color and the price was such I knew I had to have it. I looked at a ABP CR back then and it didn't appeal to me, I guess the dealers presentation of the car without the top did it for me. Fast forward a few years and I end up buying a Apex Blue Pearl CR, the color at the time was the most attractive to me and I didn't consider any other color.
After studying the history behind the CR, Honda and the CR's designer I really wanted another CR, a delete model if I could find one. It made it easier when I located a Rio Yellow Pearl delete not 50 miles from where I found the ABP CR. The RYP color grew on me and I've learned to appreciate the color and the uniqueness of the delete CR. Because Honda only made 699 CR's (59 delete CR's) I consider them a future classic Japanese car. I bought the Berlina Black CR even though I had people tell me I was crazy to buy another CR, BB is a hard color to maintain, but it really looks fantastic when properly detailed.
Ok, I have three CR's. I wasn't looking for a Grand Prix white CR and I'd already decided If I bought another Honda it would be a S800. Well as luck would have it a GPW CR came up for sale, a delete one at that, the "unicorn" of CR's. I had to have it, it made perfect sense to have one of each color. Call me crazy, that's fine. I'm used to it and can understand those sentiments.

~Steven

Quick Reply: What color s2000 did you choose and why? (not a thread about insurance)