S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What color s2000 did you choose and why? (not a thread about insurance)

Old 01-03-2014, 05:37 PM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

NFR for me, because sports cars should be red. Black, is awesome when freshly waxed/detailed, but hard to keep clean. The only other color I really liked was Monte Carlo Blue, but it wasn't available in the states.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silverstone with red/black interior. I personally think it's the best color combo you can get for S2000.

But I got sick of silverstone after 5 years of ownership and wrapped my car in pearl white.

I do plan on going back to silverstone in about a year or so though.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:55 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Silverstone metallic (SSM). Great deal on it so the decision was easy- i was after any colour as long as it was an S. Now that i've owned it 2 1/2 years i come to realize it looks really good in the sun/night/whatever. love it. easy to keep clean.

If i could do it again- which i hope to- silverstone with the red/black interior- in my opinion, the best colour combination ever produced for the S. then a CR, any colour, but the blue is especially unique.

darcy
Old 01-03-2014, 08:24 PM

I think a lot of people just ended up with a random color because it was available; if not, that is what certainly happened to me and my first s2000. I first owned a re-sprayed white s2000 with red interior. The car had a lot of complements on the contrasting colors, but I did not like it because it had a bit of overspray around the top trimming. My second s2000 is spa yellow; I think I subconsciously searched for this color to some degree, since yellow is my favorite color. I almost ended up with Silverstone (twice) while searching for the perfect car. I had color schemes for all options.
White and bronze.
Silverstone and black
Blue and lime green
Yellow and bronze/black/teal
Red and black
I was ready for all options!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted an AP1 and it had to be yellow. I can say otherwise for an AP2.

Spa yellow really suited the AP1. The bumpers and headlights looked beautiful when its all in the same picture. Its a masterpiece.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:40 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

It had to be a dull color. I once had a bright blue car, and was pulled over 11 times in 6 months. Not a pleasant experience. I loved the color, hated the attention. Dont like red, yellow is awesome, but i dont want a loud car. Black gets swirls, and whites for chicks *unless it has a type r badge or is race car. race cars are the exception from the rule*. Blue has the blue dash combo. so... silver it is!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I bought mine, my criteria was "any color but blue, black, or yellow." So I ended up with Sebring Silver. I didn't much care for the color in photos, but it looks great in person and is a very classy color.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
I think a lot of people just ended up with a random color because it was available...
I agree with this. Price, AP2 and low mileage were the three main factors for me. And I wanted a color that's not on every 2nd car you see on the road -- so that ruled out black and silver (GPW is an exception because it's downright gorgeous). My first choice would've been a Rio Yellow, followed closely by Laguna Blue... none of which were available when I was in market. I didn't have the luxury of waiting and looking for the exact model I wanted, so I just purchased the first S2k that met all criteria... and it ended up being a suzuka blue one.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:31 AM

Yellow AP1, because its only 3 of them in my country.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:31 AM

The following is my opinion, and only my opinion:

My top 5 color combinations based purely on how friggin' good they look (and leaving out the extremely rare ones, like GPW on CR interior, which I honestly just haven't seen to know how much I like):

1.) GPW on Red
2.) BB on Red
3.) Silverstone on Red
4.) Laguna Blue on Black
5.) NFR on Black

Couldn't find very many GPW, and I heard rumors about the nightmares of keeping a BB flawless. I also wanted an AP1, so Laguna blue was out. I found a Silverstone and pulled the trigger, I feel like I'll be able to drive it well into my 40's without the Red Sportscar Stigma (and hopefully police) following me around.

Quick Reply: What color s2000 did you choose and why? (not a thread about insurance)