S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What did you do to your S2000 today?

Old 03-28-2019, 01:50 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Today I completed my trunk lid liner. I wasn't a fan of the unfinshed look of the inside of the trunk lid, so I created one using a piece of 1/8" Luan plywood and some carpet I picked up a local fabric shop. I embellished it with a Honda logo, which is nothing more than a logo graphic cut out of 1/8" foamboard and glued to the wood, then the carpet was glued around it. It's attached to the trunk lid with Velcro. A bit of unexpected luck that the carpet color matches the trunk liner perfectly. I'm rather proud of how it came out :-)

Doing it again, I would have extended it a bit further wide (it's about 1/2" shy on both sides), but this was what I had available and I didn't want to go get another piece when this was close enough. I documented the process if anyone is interested in a DIY...

Old 03-28-2019, 04:18 PM

Received 725 Likes on 385 Posts

Found a scratch on the trunk. The car was pristine, now it's scarred. The humanity.

Last edited by Hertz Donut; 03-28-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Americanized it.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:25 PM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

got it aligned after installing a coilover kit, adjustable upper front and rear control arms and rear toe links
Old 03-29-2019, 05:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Installed some clear side marker lenses.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:49 PM

This weekend I completed a few pre-season punch list items. Oil change, transmission fluid change and differential fluid change. Transmission fluid looked good - a little darker than what went back in. Rear differential was a bit of a pain since the bolts were reversed. It made for a fun experience since I had a 23mm wrench and a 24mm socket and had to use them in the wrong locations (neither of which are not conducive to the other tool). I managed to get them loose though and put them back in the right place with new OEM washers. At least I drew some solace from the fact that the diff fluid was changed at least once before in her 115K lifetime.

I also polished up the rear half of the car, but I haven't pulled the trigger on a Porter Cable yet - so it was by hand. I considered that my workout for the day.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:04 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by datadr
I also polished up the rear half of the car, but I haven't pulled the trigger on a Porter Cable yet - so it was by hand. I considered that my workout for the day.
"That builds character" - is what I tell my teenagers.

But for me, I bought the Harbor Freight dual action polisher and have been very satisfied. It is a good quality knock off and, unless you detail cars for a living, it should serve you for many years for not a lot of $.

I did the full service on my S last summer including clay bar, light cut, polish, and wax and the HF polisher did a great job.
The following users liked this post:
datadr (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by BrewDay09
I bought the Harbor Freight dual action polisher and have been very satisfied. It is a good quality knock off and, unless you detail cars for a living, it should serve you for many years for not a lot of $.
That's good to know - I was just looking at the HF one last night. It's on sale for $49, but I was wondering how good it really was. I'm definitely not a pro, but I love my S. I did clay, mild cutting paste, followed by Megs Ultimate Compound and finished with Megs Gold Class Carnauba paste wax (which is great stuff). I started with the Megs Ultimate Compound but wanted some additional scratch removal. The cutting paste worked nicely, but to really do the job I'll need a DA. I'll probably pick up the HF one at some point and make that next winter's project to help with my separation anxiety (she's garaged for the winter).
Old 04-02-2019, 05:44 AM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by datadr
That's good to know - I was just looking at the HF one last night. It's on sale for $49, but I was wondering how good it really was. I'm definitely not a pro, but I love my S. I did clay, mild cutting paste, followed by Megs Ultimate Compound and finished with Megs Gold Class Carnauba paste wax (which is great stuff). I started with the Megs Ultimate Compound but wanted some additional scratch removal. The cutting paste worked nicely, but to really do the job I'll need a DA. I'll probably pick up the HF one at some point and make that next winter's project to help with my separation anxiety (she's garaged for the winter).
I think that's what I paid also. I remember that I re-greased it when I first got it based on recommendations on the internet. It's easy to take apart and that took me no more than 10 minutes.

My Tacoma picked up some Arizona Pinstripes last weekend during a mountain off-road adventure. Looks like I will get some additional use out of the polisher.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:31 AM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

I got stuck at Costco gas station, battery took a dump, fortunately Costco had a portable jump start. Also was able to purchase a new battery from Costco and they lent me a wrench to replace the battery.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:44 AM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Haven't started yet, but going to roll my fenders and relocate the tabs.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your S2000 today?