S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   What should have been a standard feature for the S2000? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/what-should-have-been-standard-feature-s2000-1032086/)

ZDan 07-29-2013 12:15 AM

Every s2000 came with a Torsen limited slip diff. I've never had a problem with inside wheelspin at the track or on the street.

rob-2 07-29-2013 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by SuperNikNasty (Post 22692780)
Ever feel like your coming out of a tight turn and the inside wheel doesn't feel like its putting enough power down to pull you out of the turn as fast as it could? I wish so bad that our cars came with a Limited Slip Differential.

I think you're not longer qualified to speak about cars sir. You have an LSD in there :banghead:

SuperNikNasty 07-29-2013 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by ZDan (Post 22692820)
Every s2000 came with a Torsen limited slip diff. I've never had a problem with inside wheelspin at the track or on the street.

Wait a Sec, i dont feel so dumb anymore. http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1737 ; Still feel like that inside wheel doesn't put it down as well as it could sometimes.

ZDan 07-29-2013 02:52 PM

Never trust anyone on a technical matter when they start with the word "technically" (link above)....

Torsens are indeed limited slip differentials, and there's no good reason not to consider them as such.
Under most real-world driving conditions for a sports car (as opposed to an off-road 4x4), torsens redistribute torque from the slipping/spinning wheel to the one with grip.

Some people can get inside wheelspin with a normal Torsen T1 or T2 in autoX where courses are very tight and they get the inside rear completely unloaded. The "normal" torsens won't redistribute torque if one of the wheels is completely unloaded. At that point you can either change your setup and trade some rear roll stiffness for front roll stiffness, or get another type of limited slip.

The Torsen T2R *does* have some torque-biasing capability even at no-load.

I've never had a problem with inside wheelspin on the street or at the track in the S2000.
Never any issues with inside wheelspin with the Torsen T2R in my 500+ hp RX-7, either, on the street or at the track.

What is your suspension setup? If you are really getting inside wheelspin on corner exit, you might try a stiffer front sway.

RMurphy 07-29-2013 03:27 PM

And we are straying off topic again. Any chance everyone can work together to not do that? It's a nice discussion, but maybe not in this particular thread. Sounds like a great idea for a topic in Under the Hood.

I don't want to have to close this thread, so can you guys please take the LSD discussion to a different venue? Your assistance is much appreciated.

SuperNikNasty 07-29-2013 06:53 PM

Yes Dr. Murph. Anyways, those oem power door locks? Lol

hicabi 07-30-2013 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by MBHs2k (Post 22661105)
I've never gotten in my car (any car for that matter) and wished that I had blue convex mirrors lol

I wish I had them. Many cars in Europe have this feature. Straight mirrors are stupid.

RMurphy 07-30-2013 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by SuperNikNasty (Post 22694863)

I'm just asking. *shrugs* I'm not the only mod here. You know that Gigdy (and many others) will just close it and not even ask y'all to stay on topic, and that is completely within his right to do. I'm still new so I still tend to give people options. Not sure how long that will last. LOL!

And since you asked, yeah, I wouldn't mind having a power door lock open feature so I don't have to lean across the car to open the passenger door. I'm short. It's a stretch for me.

SuperNikNasty 07-30-2013 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by RMurphy (Post 22696285)

Originally Posted by SuperNikNasty' timestamp='1375152818' post='22694863

I'm just asking. *shrugs* I'm not the only mod here. You know that Gigdy (and many others) will just close it and not even ask y'all to stay on topic, and that is completely within his right to do. I'm still new so I still tend to give people options. Not sure how long that will last. LOL!

And since you asked, yeah, I wouldn't mind having a power door lock open feature so I don't have to lean across the car to open the passenger door. I'm short. It's a stretch for me.

At least your one of the cooler Mods :LOL: :thumbup:

RMurphy 07-30-2013 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by SuperNikNasty (Post 22696433)
At least your one of the cooler Mods :LOL: :thumbup:

You caught me a on a good day. Don't cross me when I'm PMSing. And we're off topic again. *sigh* LOL!

Standard feature I wish the car had come with... those full sized floor mats that cover the cross-member bit, particularly on the passenger side.