S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What a special car the S2000 is, under appreciated for sure when it was manufactured!

Old 04-08-2017, 07:25 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Nerd-Vol
I like my S04s as well. I would buy another set, or go to the Michelins.
I feel the same.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:31 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats on the new car. You got a really clean one! As far as tires go- I've been hearing really good things about the new Continental ExtremeContact Sports (the ones that replaced the Continental DW's). They're being compared to the Michelin PSS. Unlike the PSS, the Continentals are available in 255's for the rears...sot that's another +. The PSS in 245 have a stretched-look to them when mounted onto the rear wheels on our cars.
The following users liked this post:
Carnut12 (04-10-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 05:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats from a fellow Western MA s2k owner, that's in amazing condition. Maybe I'll see you at some of the Mark's auto parts shows.
Carnut12 (04-12-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 127 Likes on 92 Posts

I agree with not changing anything on yours. Maybe a K&N filter in the stock box and some good tires and that's it. She's too nice to go messing with!
Old 04-14-2017, 11:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Another vote for s04's. Very happy with them. As far as exhausts go, I love my J's Racing 70RS single. Perfect amount of loudness at high RPM and low noise and no drone at low RPM.
Carnut12 (04-18-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 07:54 PM

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a 17x9 RPF1 square setup all around with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. This is what I was advised by One6 Motorsports. Despite tire rack telling you you will rub and need fender roll everything for fine. I did Ohlins shocks at the same time. Ride quality, noise as well as turn in and handling are just fantastic. It tamed a lot of the tail happiness and when it breaks loose it's more progressive. The ride is firm but rarely harsh. I feel enough of the road to know what's going on but rarely get bounced around. Zero regrets about doing this early in my ownership process. Previous owner installed Megans and the car was lowered a lotmore than it is today. It bump steered like crazy, rode very stiff and was overly tail happy. In no way was the old setup any better than what I have now. It shaved a ton of weight the wheel/tires are much lighter than the stock rims and all seasons. The Ohlins shave another 4 or 5 pounds per corner.

I know that Michelins have a softer sidewall but I wanted my S2000 to be a daily driver (except in winter). The handling is more than fine for me and I appreciate the good ride, wet weather capability, and lack of road noise. I have no hesistation about driving it all the time. I don't think a more "hardcore" setup would suit my driving any more than what I have.

Some people feel like they should drive the car stock for an extended period of time before doing these kinds of mods. Their cars and I respect whatever they do. For me I relied on the guys at One6 and the experienced members of this forum and got good stuff and I haven't looked back.

SBC is super cool and I would have loved those on my Suzuka Blue. Enjoy your ride!
Old 04-21-2017, 01:36 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiHonda
I have a 17x9 RPF1 square setup all around with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. This is what I was advised by One6 Motorsports. Despite tire rack telling you you will rub and need fender roll everything for fine. I did Ohlins shocks at the same time. Ride quality, noise as well as turn in and handling are just fantastic. It tamed a lot of the tail happiness and when it breaks loose it's more progressive. The ride is firm but rarely harsh. I feel enough of the road to know what's going on but rarely get bounced around. Zero regrets about doing this early in my ownership process. Previous owner installed Megans and the car was lowered a lotmore than it is today. It bump steered like crazy, rode very stiff and was overly tail happy. In no way was the old setup any better than what I have now. It shaved a ton of weight the wheel/tires are much lighter than the stock rims and all seasons. The Ohlins shave another 4 or 5 pounds per corner.

I know that Michelins have a softer sidewall but I wanted my S2000 to be a daily driver (except in winter). The handling is more than fine for me and I appreciate the good ride, wet weather capability, and lack of road noise. I have no hesistation about driving it all the time. I don't think a more "hardcore" setup would suit my driving any more than what I have.

Some people feel like they should drive the car stock for an extended period of time before doing these kinds of mods. Their cars and I respect whatever they do. For me I relied on the guys at One6 and the experienced members of this forum and got good stuff and I haven't looked back.

SBC is super cool and I would have loved those on my Suzuka Blue. Enjoy your ride!
Got any pictures???
Old 04-22-2017, 07:17 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

ChiHonda - did your square set up impact the oversteer/understeer equation at all?
Old 04-22-2017, 08:39 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I would not go square for the driving I do, 245's and 215's are more then enough for the street. With this cars power I do not understand wanting wider. That said I am curious also about the impact on oversteer/understeer.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:00 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiHonda
...Previous owner installed Megans and the car was lowered a lotmore than it is today. It bump steered like crazy, rode very stiff and was overly tail happy.

Well, your car wasn't stock when you got it, and was poorly modified by po. So your course of modifying early in ownership was a good call.

But if it was stock, the advice to drive it that way for a while first is still good. You didn't get to experience that though. So it may not be as apparent why that advice is considered by so many to be so good.