S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Wheeler Dealers S2000 episode

Old 05-30-2018, 03:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubbels**
For some reason S2000's (and most cars in general) are really cheap in the UK compared to the rest of Western Europe, for the equivalent of $8000-$10000 you can have a decent facelift 04-05 version and the later models are usually around $15k-$20k tops I think (depending on mileage and general condition). I've seen 99-00 cars go for as little as $4000.
This is also the reason why quite a lot of people have been importing UK cars to mainland Europe the last few years. No need to say they make a nice profit when flipping these cars here.

i have one of these UK s2ks...they are cheap there because of insurance costs and most uk ones for sale are total wrecks ...at the end of the day its just another rusty, milion miled, old honda to lot of people. (to me its the best car ever made )
Old 05-30-2018, 01:24 PM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
The value that the show Wheeler Dealers holds for me is watching the mechanic personality work on the car that week while they talk about what it is they're doing and why they're doing it. With that in mind, since a few others here didn't seem to think quite as highly of Edd's new show as I did, I'd be really interested to see them come up with a show with just Edd and Ant (no Mike) wrenching on cars. I'm not sure exactly what the spin would be, nor would I care all that much as long as the primary focus was on those two guys working on some interesting cars.
Yeah, I do like Edd and Ant. I was almost going to quit watching when Edd was leaving but I gave Ant a chance and I really do like him. Mike I could do without. I just hate how he treats cars when looking at them to buy. I also hate it when they try to have him help do things that are clearly beyond his ability. Let your pros do it, dude.

Last edited by IA-SteveB; 05-30-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:55 PM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

I stopped watching Wheeler Dealer when Edd left. Ant does not get good reviews from my "garage" friends that do watch the show. They say that he's long on routine stuff but short on neat "work arounds". It's also saving wear and tear on my TV remote. I no longer have to put the first and last ten minutes of the show on MUTE to enjoy it.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:37 PM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Anyone see the WD episode on the Lancia Fulvia?

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2018, 05:06 AM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

I no longer have to put the first and last ten minutes of the show on MUTE to enjoy it.
Fast forward works as well! Or I should say "worked" (past tense). I've not seen the show in several months.

-- Chuck
Old 05-31-2018, 05:28 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Maybe not exactly on topic, but has anyone else had the problem with the VTEC solenoid oil screen blockage? I don't recall seeing any mention of this issue on any S2000 site. If I remember correctly, the S on the show had a recent engine rebuild. Was that possibly the source of the material blocking the filter screen?

Just wondering if this should be checked at certain intervals?
Old 05-31-2018, 05:45 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by jts09
Maybe not exactly on topic, but has anyone else had the problem with the VTEC solenoid oil screen blockage? I don't recall seeing any mention of this issue on any S2000 site. If I remember correctly, the S on the show had a recent engine rebuild. Was that possibly the source of the material blocking the filter screen?

Just wondering if this should be checked at certain intervals?
I was thinking it was the result of a questionable rebuild since I understand that solenoid is pretty reliable. I think that is one reason Mike got it so cheap if those are real numbers. I would be hesitant to buy something with big question marks but at least he had Edd to correct anything. For all we know the engine builder threw on a different solenoid because they lost the original. That was my guess since the owner said it never ran right after the rebuild but it does show the same oxidation as other metal parts under the hood. Who knows.

Last edited by IA-SteveB; 05-31-2018 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:49 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
Anyone see the WD episode on the Lancia Fulvia?

Thanks!
Watched it last night. Ant is a competent mechanic for sure, but his paint skills are lacking. I noticed the blend/tape line on the front fender where he painted it black was all kinds of wavy.

Shocked they sold it for what they did, they usually don't mark them up that much.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6k5yx3 38:40 in the video to see the paint line.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:00 AM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Thanks, for your review! I DVR'ed it, will watch it later today.

Problem with high def video, is it picks up EVERY little boo-boo. Now, they have be sure all dandruff is removed from ppl's coats. And nose hairs are all cut.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:06 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,909 Posts

I only noticed it because of the camera angle, but I tend to look for that kind of stuff. When they've repainted a car it should be flat, or when you add a pinstripe it should be straight. The messy paint line is really obvious on the Lancia though, they could've tried to clean it up, I would've.

Quick Reply: Wheeler Dealers S2000 episode