S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   When do you use your hardtop? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/when-do-you-use-your-hardtop-959449/)

IronChef 06-18-2012 12:57 PM

When do you use your hardtop?

The car I am buying has a hardtop. I am trying to figure out when I might want it on since it wont be a daily driver. I would hate to be out driving and suddenly the weather is perfect, you want to put the top down, but alas what to do with the hardtop?

I don't know whether I want to keep it or sell it. :ponder:

XBMAX 06-18-2012 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by IronChef (Post 21791750)
The car I am buying has a hardtop. I am trying to figure out when I might want it on since it wont be a daily driver. I would hate to be out driving and suddenly the weather is perfect, you want to put the top down, but alas what to do with the hardtop?

What color is the hardtop?

calebzimm 06-18-2012 01:09 PM

it will instantly grow on you and you will forget the car is a convertible. I have mine on all day errrrrr day. I think I've had it off the car twice and realized a convertible was overrated.

Btrthnezr3 06-18-2012 01:13 PM

Mine has to be on right now...

Both of my soft top latches are broken :-/

Currently trying to rectify that situation but in reality--I love the hard top, but want the versatility of being able to use the soft top as well.
Maybe I'm a spoiled brat.

You can build a hard top stand that is pretty nifty for when you don't want to use it.

idowerk 06-18-2012 01:15 PM

On all the time

cruc1a7 06-18-2012 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by calebzimm (Post 21791786)
it will instantly grow on you and you will forget the car is a convertible. I have mine on all day errrrrr day. I think I've had it off the car twice and realized a convertible was overrated.

This is it for me.
Everyone always tells me how much better it looks with it on.

IronChef 06-18-2012 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3 (Post 21791797)
Mine has to be on right now...

Both of my soft top latches are broken :-/

Currently trying to rectify that situation but in reality--I love the hard top, but want the versatility of being able to use the soft top as well.
Maybe I'm a spoiled brat.

You can build a hard top stand that is pretty nifty for when you don't want to use it.

I've seen the PVC hard top stand on this forum. I would love to build it but being a DIY ignoramous I would need a list of exactly what I need to get at the hardware store. Putting it together seems straight forward but the various parts and pieces... :confused:

calebzimm 06-18-2012 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by cruc1a7 (Post 21791820)

Originally Posted by calebzimm' timestamp='1340053748' post='21791786

This is it for me.
Everyone always tells me how much better it looks with it on.

yep same here. it's like a completely different car with it

Originally Posted by IronChef (Post 21791828)
I've seen the PVC hard top stand on this forum. I would love to build it but being a DIY ignoramous I would need a list of exactly what I need to get at the hardware store. Putting it together seems straight forward but the various parts and pieces... :confused:

the DIY has a very specific list. I made mine earlier this year. It cost all of $40 and took maybe 30 minutes to make by myself.

HS2K.RLS 06-18-2012 02:06 PM

Unless you need the money I wouldn't sell it - if it is an OEM and it is in good shape it is only getting more valuable. Depending upon where you live you may like to have the hardtop for the extremes of the seasons because of the better insulation in the HT which allows the heating and AC systems to work better for the passengers. In the swing seasons there is nothing better on a nice sunny day than to drive around with the top down!

Originally Posted by IronChef (Post 21791750)

Syn 06-18-2012 02:30 PM

Two questions will clear this up:

1. Could you use an extra $3000+ right now?
2. Do you like having a convertible?

For me the answer would be yes to both. I fail to see the point in having a hardtop, except maybe for winter driving if you don't have a second car. Even then, several thousand dollars would be more welcome to me than having the hardtop.

If you don't like having a convertible then just keep the hardtop on.