S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: White wheels on Scarlet...rice? Opinions, please!
White
8.45%
Black (the Spoon anthracite, actually)
33.80%
Bronze
14.08%
Gold
12.68%
Chrome
23.94%
Other? (post what you would do on your RED car)
7.04%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

White wheels on Scarlet...rice? Opinions, please!

Old 02-28-2001, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

greg, I know you could care less about my opinions, but I do want to share them with you :
- I voted black, but without looking at the question, so in fact, for a red car, since you've already passed a no-return point in terms of flashyness, you might as well go fully into it...
- Black wheels might tame down the brightness of the red, whereas white will emphasize it.
- White rims are hugely popular in japan for sports cars (black ones too), & in France the ITR type R is only sold in white/white rims/red seats.
- go for OZ multispoke wheels (can't remember the name), they are true racing wheels.
- don't pay attention to my sig...
Old 02-28-2001, 04:39 AM

Originally posted by Sondra S2K
NAY, a BIG NAY, on the white... I like the bronze, gold, or anthracite look!
I'm with Sondra on this one. NOOOO white!! Like the bronze or black/anthracite
Old 02-28-2001, 04:54 AM

Greg,

I think white wheels would look fantastic, and coincidently, I have white 17" Volk TE-37s for sale! The lightest wheel around. No scratches, dings or dents. They have Goodrich g-force R1 racing rubber, 225,45 and 255,40 with easily a summer's worth of driving left. $1,500. plus shipping (about $60. UPS).

Gary

[Edited by 3333 on 02-28-2001 at 03:46 PM]
Old 02-28-2001, 05:17 AM

Spoon all the way! Or something like the oldschool Wanatabe would be great in black.

pic of red car with black rims (ahem.. at the background)

Old 02-28-2001, 06:21 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the white looks good on white but would hesitate on red. Black works for the competition look, gold/bronze for something different, and silver/chrome for the traditional look.

You might also consider the polished rim and anodized center that looks very good on red.
Old 02-28-2001, 06:32 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have undertaken to delete my posts of any content here since the Management here has made this an unfriendly place for me and the club I founded and am President of, the S2000 Club of America, Inc. and they have claimed that my words have somehow become THEIR property and I think that's pretty uncool. If you would like to read whatever post, please contact me at greg@s2kca.com. Thanks
Old 02-28-2001, 07:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gotta say NO on black. I thought the Spoon wheels on 1Randyc's car would look great on the car, but they just aren't fitting to my taste on the car - looks like the tire is much bigger than it actually is.

White: would be better than black. Not favorable, but for racing, wouldn't look bad at all.

Of course, the yellow would look close to the Ferraris and would be similar to that pattern - I'd wonder if you'd get the 'copycat' kind of responses with yellow.

Red wheels - I dunno, I dont like the body color matched wheels unless you go with white car or black car with white wheels combo.

The gold does look good, but I've only seen it on the one black car and it looks great. Not sure how it would match or clash with the red of Scarlett.

Also, regarding Sondra's comment:
"White means that EVERY little bit of brake dust is going to show immediately, meaning that you will spend inordinate amounts of time cleaning wheels. "

I think this is typical of any wheel, especially when running a race-grade brake pad, and would be the only reason you'd go with black wheels. I'd just have to say 'no no no' to the black wheels. I'd be more favorable to the white, but that wouldn't be my choice either.

/my two cents.
Old 02-28-2001, 07:15 AM

Received 240 Likes on 195 Posts

If you go with the white rims be sure to get the other accessories. Stickers! And lots of them to cover up Scarlet so she can hide her shame because her man just slutted her up.

You
Old 02-28-2001, 07:27 AM

Received 240 Likes on 195 Posts

Greg,

Go to Elnetti's site and see a red with gold BBS.
Old 02-28-2001, 08:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya know, since you are looking for something different, why not carbon fiber wheels! Actually I've seen them made for SAE university cars - incredible! Well, you could go with translucentwheels made of unobtainium or even the hubless wheel from Franco Sbarro.

Yes, the latter does exist - its very slick, very sweet, and I wish I could find more information on it. I came across an article about Franco, his school, and this invention over ten years ago. Nothing since. But the site is at: http://www.espera-sbarro.com/ for those of you who are interested in his innovative cars.

ahh found a site.... http://www.burningart.com/meico/motoproto/sbarro.html for the hubless wheel stuff.

Quick Reply: White wheels on Scarlet...rice? Opinions, please!