S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why are there so many Laguna Blues in Texas?

Old 02-19-2015, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HUNTERANGEL121
LBP is my favorite color after gpw. I've only seen one other here. And it was once. I wish there were more LBPs here.
What general area you located?
I am located in San Diego and only seen 1 so far...
Old 02-19-2015, 12:36 PM

Color chart:

I live in Colorado, S2000's overall are very rare cars here. I didn't even know that Laguna Blue existed as a color, all I saw were Suzuka's. Then I saw a Laguna at work one day and knew it was the color for me.

At the last Cars & Coffee meet, 5 Laguna Blue's showed up. There were more Laguna's than silver S2000's. It's actually become quite the joke around here, since the LBP's are one of the rarest of the non-CR colors.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:12 PM

I was browsing for roughly 4 years before actively looking for one.

Lucked out and found one in Vancouver, but they are definitely hard to find in good shape.

I'd say there's more lagunas by the coasts. Most I've seen were Cali/Oregon, and then Florida had a few decent ones.

Had to buy one from the states, as Canada had only a handful of the color, and called it Bermuda Blue instead.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by jimmy-buffett
I live in Colorado, S2000's overall are very rare cars here. I didn't even know that Laguna Blue existed as a color, all I saw were Suzuka's. Then I saw a Laguna at work one day and knew it was the color for me.

At the last Cars & Coffee meet, 5 Laguna Blue's showed up. There were more Laguna's than silver S2000's. It's actually become quite the joke around here, since the LBP's are one of the rarest of the non-CR colors.
I have seen that chart before! Thanks for the repost on that, useful information. Also thumbs up for that picture Looks super clean! After I saw the Laguna Blue on the s2000 I fell in Love ever since. I should come over to Cars and Coffee and see if I can scout one out haha, but that would be quite the drive for me from Cali.

Originally Posted by Tim Hoose
I was browsing for roughly 4 years before actively looking for one.

Lucked out and found one in Vancouver, but they are definitely hard to find in good shape.

I'd say there's more lagunas by the coasts. Most I've seen were Cali/Oregon, and then Florida had a few decent ones.

Had to buy one from the states, as Canada had only a handful of the color, and called it Bermuda Blue instead.
Whoa, I did not know that Canada had another color code for it...that seems pretty crazy, but glad you found one! If you can find one from Canada, then I don't have an excuse being in California, except for having a not so optimal budget at the moment.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get an 06 you will need a Flashpro. It was the first year with drive-by-wire and IT SUCKS! The default tune on the flash pro fixes what honda messed up. It also allows you to lower vtec engagement and raise redline so you don't fall out of the power band between 1st and 2nd gear.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rosodigital
If you get an 06 you will need a Flashpro. It was the first year with drive-by-wire and IT SUCKS! The default tune on the flash pro fixes what honda messed up. It also allows you to lower vtec engagement and raise redline so you don't fall out of the power band between 1st and 2nd gear.
Mine is an 06, I've never heard about a differences in throttle response or anything like that between 06 & 07+. I wouldn't say it sucks but I don't have much experience in others to compare it to. Care to shed some light?
Old 02-19-2015, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by electricmarauder
Originally Posted by rosodigital' timestamp='1424386450' post='23512382
Mine is an 06, I've never heard about a differences in throttle response or anything like that between 06 & 07+. I wouldn't say it sucks but I don't have much experience in others to compare it to. Care to shed some light?
The DBW gripe is one of those overblown complaints that many people speak to in theory but can't prove in practice:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/679...drive-by-wire/

Originally Posted by Zoomie
i have driven both and couldn't tell the difference. i would go 06+ for the extra tuning options
Originally Posted by stitos2k
I had 2 2000 s2k's and just recently bought an 06, the only thing I notice is the clutch delay valve and lower redline
Originally Posted by jcmotorsports
I own a 00 and an 06 and they feel the same to me. Took off the CDV and got the hondata for the 06 and both cars feel very similar.
Originally Posted by shamoo
I've owned an 01 and now an 07. Cannot tell the difference between DBW and non-DBW. I can, however, notice the effect of the clutch delay valve. Just change you driving/shifting style a bit, and it no longer affects me.
I have an '06 with a Hondata tune (+1 hour on the dyno dialing in air/fuel), and dropping the VTEC engagement is pretty much the best mod ever:

There's a bit of a hit right as it switches, but you don't feel it. What you do feel is steady power (the area under the curve) through that entire rev range, rather than bog bog bog GO VTEC like normal.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:48 PM

having owned 2 AP1's I can attest to my own 06 AP2 being a total shit hole to drive before flashpro I went in an changed a bunch of stuff before upgrading hoping it fix the lumpy power band and overall poor performance. Nothing worked. I did the flashpro canned tune and boom smoothed everything out. The car drives like normal. I can point to a few issues specifically. Hesitation on heavy throttle pre-vtec, at the vtec engagement point there was a noticeable drop in power momentarily before hitting vtec, then the vtec band was smooth.

I changed the plugs, got a valve adjustment, changed the DBW module with no success. Flashpro fixed it. Could have just saved the money from all the other shit and just got the flashpro from the start.
I have done some research. While not all experience the issues I had it is something that many have and honda has acknowledged it. I read somewhere that the dealer was offering reprogs to the ECU but when I called to have them do it they wanted to run an expensive battery of tests to make sure it wasn't something else. Not really worth being bent over by the dealer...
Old 02-19-2015, 03:52 PM

I should also add that on hard gear changes the traction control would engage at weird times and stay engaged meaning no throttle control AT ALL... Dangerous! I've have to completely take my foot off the pedal for it to disengage. That issue went away after I changed the module.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jkelley
It's a desirable color, for sure. In fact, For my next S2000 I plan on looking for a LPB or the even rarer ABP (laguna versus apex blues, apex was only an option for CRs though I believe).

Good luck in your search though. It's a sweet color.
In Canada they sold ABP in base S2000s but it's ultra rare. Only seen one for sale. Even on the CR though it's hard to find.

Quick Reply: Why are there so many Laguna Blues in Texas?