S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Xviper's appeal to you.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:23 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Xviper's appeal to you.

Site admins, please move this thread to where you think it would benefit the most. Heaven forbid that I should post it in the wrong forum.

Some of you may have noticed that lately, the site has been a bit slow. My enquiries led me to the following:

If you didn't know this already, Community Organizers have had complimentary memberships. Because the site could use with some more income to make the constant improvements necessary, I have voluntarily chosen to buy a Gold Membership. Old stuff needs to be replaced and new stuff needs to be added. User-ship has sky-rocketed year by year and this places higher demands upon the equipment that runs this site.

I don't care where all the money comes from nor do I care where it goes or how it's spent. I look at my injection of money purely as a donation. I do not consider that I have "bought" anything. What I get out of this site hasn't changed because I sent in money. Heck I donated to this site to keep it going when there were no memberships being sold. I expect nothing more in return nor do I expect special treatment just because I bought a G. Membership when I didn't have to. I even expect to be punished when I'm bad or break the rules and I'll even NOT object if I were banned for it. I wouldn't even expect a refund. That money is theirs. If it runs the site better and longer, that's fine by me.

Whether or not you buy a membership is up to you and how you interpret what you should get back for that money is also up to you. If you enjoy this site, if you use this site and if you have benefitted from this site in some way, at least give it due consideration. Is it worth a few bucks to you?

That is all. Thanks for reading.

Here is a copy/paste of Cthree's reply to me when I enquired:
Originally Posted by cthree,Apr 4 2006, 10:54 PM
It's slow because we need more servers and don't have the money to buy them. I need more memberships, especially gold memberships ASAP so I can buy some new servers. I just shelled out $3500 for a new database server today which should net some nice gains but I still need to spend another $6-8K this year on more and also to replace a couple of dogs.

We should start to see some improvement around the end of next week from the new database server but it's only one of several bottlenecks.

Please, please signup and take out a membership. I know it's something that's easy to put off but we need the money in a big way and we need it now. If you put it off then it just pushes off purchases I can't make without it and means a slower site for longer. This is no joke, we really do need the money. Thanks!
Click Here for membership
Old 04-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Fantastic post. There are LOTS of parasites on this board. Huge signatures, postwhore guests, 4 different for sale threads for the same swag, badges for everything imaginable ...............

IMHO, COs and Mods should lead by example and by that I mean being a paid member even if you get different colored stars for free.

<--- GOLD Baby. Thanks for the inspiration Xviper.

There was a thread were I asked a Guest "Postwhore" to $$ up for a Membership. After some name calling on his part, he actually paid to become a Member, I congradulated him. I love recruiting.

ps: why do people "postwhore"? where is the satisfaction?
Old 04-05-2006, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread. I totally agree, x. This site has been quite valuable to me - certainly well worth the measly cost of a gold membership. This is coming from someone who is making $75-100/wk in school. I know at least 75% of people on here make more than that. If I can find a way to throw in some money for s2ki, I'm sure you can.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

freq, I'll be the first to say you are a giant pain in the ass but I truly appreciate your support and enthusiasm for the community and you have been a relentless supporter where and when it counts. Many thanks again!

Thanks also to everyone who has made a big difference in keeping this place great
Old 04-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I kinda like freq and xviper to. We do have some great folks and members on this site, and if it weren't for all the great people, we wouldn't be here, nor would we have the good reputation that I believe we have.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I to XViper, He's contributed more to this forum as a member than 95% of the members out there! I think we're lucky to have him no matter how much of a huge pain in the butt he is at times
Old 04-05-2006, 07:11 PM

Inspirational!!!

Just upgraded from member to Gold!

Keep up the good work on the site.

Thank you.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:43 PM

I'd upgrade to gold, but don't you think sebring would be much more valuable?
Old 04-05-2006, 09:54 PM

Do they take paypal? I meant to ask this earlier and this just reminded me...
Old 04-05-2006, 10:00 PM

Why yes they do....

I found the link in the for sale forum under "For Sale Forum Rules, Read This Before You Post"

Quick Reply: Xviper's appeal to you.