S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Your favorite S2K?

Old 02-14-2019, 08:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Why does everyone remove the "S2000" badges on their fenders? I am just curious. Usually people remove badges because they are ashamed (like the Hyundai genesis).
Old 02-14-2019, 08:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by czirrfb3
Why does everyone remove the "S2000" badges on their fenders? I am just curious. Usually people remove badges because they are ashamed (like the Hyundai genesis).
Me personally, it's a cleaner look and it's also easier to clean a debadged car (if you are that into detailing). I debadged just the sides and it looks good to me.

If you care about making people know it's a S2000 just by the S2000 badge itself, a lot of people still call my S2000 a Miata even with the S2000 badges.

And it's like nothing to prove anyways. I only buy cars to impress myself, not others, if you want to leave the S2000 badge just to impress others.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:16 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
In my case leave off the megan coilovers and then yes, you've got it.

Boring as it may seem to others, I do love the stock look best and for the way I use the car the stock configuration suits me just fine. I honestly don't understand how those who lower their cars so much can drive them anywhere but on the track. Please know that I'm not trying to talk down about anyone else's choices, but rather I honestly don't understand. I can already see some impact on the lower portion of my front bumper at stock height just from driving it on country roads in the few thousands of miles I've put on the car. This is with protective film in place. Were I to drop the car down lower I'm guessing that this impact would be even more significant. Do you guys with lowered cars have some better way of protecting this area? Maybe someone here can clue an ignorant guy in.
Hmm, can't say I have ever really had a problem. I have even driven my S2000 cross country from Florida to SoCal with no painters tape or anything and the car is pretty low. I don't like clear bras, would NEVER have it on my paint. I do daily drive my car (almost 7 years now), cruise in the canyons regularly, and take it out on the track occasionally.

From my road trip: made a stop in Flagstaff, AZ

On the track:

Old 02-15-2019, 08:21 AM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Hmm, can't say I have ever really had a problem. I have even driven my S2000 cross country from Florida to SoCal with no painters tape or anything and the car is pretty low. I don't like clear bras, would NEVER have it on my paint. I do daily drive my car (almost 7 years now), cruise in the canyons regularly, and take it out on the track occasionally.
Judging by edges of your front fender flares it does appear that the lowering has had somewhat of an impact on your car.

By the way, my car came with the clear bra installed by the previous owner. I'm not really sure that I would have installed this myself.

Last edited by GuthNW; 02-15-2019 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Added additional comment.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:29 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

That is less to do with the ride height than with his wheel/tire choice.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:01 AM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
That is less to do with the ride height than with his wheel/tire choice.
Ah, understood. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:23 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by _badrabbit
Me personally, it's a cleaner look and it's also easier to clean a debadged car (if you are that into detailing). I debadged just the sides and it looks good to me.

If you care about making people know it's a S2000 just by the S2000 badge itself, a lot of people still call my S2000 a Miata even with the S2000 badges.

And it's like nothing to prove anyways. I only buy cars to impress myself, not others, if you want to leave the S2000 badge just to impress others.
Wait wait wait.... Hold up. Are you saying that we're all insecure and trying to impress people by keeping our stock badges on our cars?

Also, for detailing, get a stiff painter's brush, dip it in detailing solution, and dab the badge to remove caked on wax/compound.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:26 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Well I put Lamborghini badges on my S2000, because the S2000 badges aren't as cool obviously.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:04 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
Judging by edges of your front fender flares it does appear that the lowering has had somewhat of an impact on your car.

By the way, my car came with the clear bra installed by the previous owner. I'm not really sure that I would have installed this myself.
that's because one of my wheel setups was way too aggressive 18x9.5 +22 square. my current wheel specs are a lot more conservative and don't rub at all
Old 02-15-2019, 09:05 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by VashTheStampede
Wait wait wait.... Hold up. Are you saying that we're all insecure and trying to impress people by keeping our stock badges on our cars?

Also, for detailing, get a stiff painter's brush, dip it in detailing solution, and dab the badge to remove caked on wax/compound.
No, maybe I conveyed it wrongly.

Quick Reply: Your favorite S2K?