S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Billman's TCT

Old 02-18-2019, 08:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Too bad he does not have a twin in California!

I was lucky enough to have Billman work on my car while he was visiting Cali. As soon as I found out he was coming out I made a appointment and drove the 2 hours(worth it) to just have him work on the car. It was amazing to watch him work, he explained every little thing while working on the car, even had me do a few things hands on to fully show me what he meant when explaining something so I fully understood. It was a great experience to say the list. I've worked for a engine shop for a few years before hand so I know how to do basic and advanced things for automotive repair, but meeting him and see the amount of passion he has for these cars was great.

I do wish he had a twin out here in California for other work. I'm for sure getting a TCT from him soon!
Old 02-19-2019, 09:08 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Too bad he does not have a twin in California!
Honestly i think the closest we have (at least here in the Bay Area) is going to be BlackTrax. Aki and Jei over there are an amazing team and i only trust them with my S2000.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:13 PM

Received 1,562 Likes on 928 Posts

The closest I know so far is Driving Ambition in Rancho Cordova (near Costco). They were spun off from the original group that designed and installed the "OEM" superchargers under warranty for Honda. I just heard of a nearby outfit that is taking stock OEM parts like the diff and building new ones from 3D printing and CNC. I found this out from a local Honda parts guy I know.

The issue is they are often gone; at the track racing and such.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Billman250. I’m just wondering how can I purchase TCT from you? I would greatly appreciate if you can we walk me through the process. New member here. Thank you
Old 03-12-2019, 07:35 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

Send him a pm, and he'll send you a response with details. As a new member, you have to reach a certain number of posts before you can pm. If you are a paying member, you can pm right away.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:27 AM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SOL1D
I was lucky enough to have Billman work on my car while he was visiting Cali. As soon as I found out he was coming out I made a appointment and drove the 2 hours(worth it) to just have him work on the car. It was amazing to watch him work, he explained every little thing while working on the car, even had me do a few things hands on to fully show me what he meant when explaining something so I fully understood. It was a great experience to say the list. I've worked for a engine shop for a few years before hand so I know how to do basic and advanced things for automotive repair, but meeting him and see the amount of passion he has for these cars was great.

I do wish he had a twin out here in California for other work. I'm for sure getting a TCT from him soon!
Ugh. I wish I would have known!
Old 03-22-2019, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I thought I would provide everybody an update here. Installed the Billman TCT a few days ago. Simply put, QUALITY, easy to install and the car sounds and runs smoother. The TCT just popped in with a little bit of finger pressure. No need to break your back cranking the engine to reduce tension on the chain folks! Billman was also very responsive to my questions throughout the entire process.

Thanks @Billman250! My entire car is 100% OEM except for that one little upgraded part with your name on it!
Old 03-23-2019, 05:11 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

How'd you get the Billman TCT in Hong Kong? Just curious as others are claiming he won't ship OCONUS.

-- Chuck
Old 03-29-2019, 10:01 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
How'd you get the Billman TCT in Hong Kong? Just curious as others are claiming he won't ship OCONUS.

-- Chuck
My guess is he had it shipped to friends/family in the states and then had them ship it to him.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

60,000 (160,000 miles on car) miles on my GenX TCT!

Quick Reply: Billman's TCT