S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Under The Hood (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/)
-   -   Boost And Air/fuel Gauge Install Question. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/boost-air-fuel-gauge-install-question-220143/)

wannabuy 07-12-2004 11:25 AM

Boost And Air/fuel Gauge Install Question.

I am going to be getting my gauges and gauge pod this week. I haven't even looked yet but thought to get some heads up info before I do. Where are the 02 sensors at? Is there one at the exhaust manifold? Is there a better place to tap into the O2 sensor lead? Boost gauge. Where have any of you tapped into for this? Is there an easy spot on the intake manifold that I can use? Can I "T" off of another vac line?

Thanks
in advance. Pics are good.

Chris :hello:

xviper 07-12-2004 02:35 PM

I tapped into the primary heated O2 wire going to the ECU at the ECU. I "T" tapped into the WHITE wire that is the C16 terminal of the 31 pin connector coming out the bottom of the ECU. This gives the signal for your narrow band A/F gauge.
I "T'd" into the vaccum line that runs between the intake manifold and the fuel pressure reg. This is the same line that you T into for the Vortech BOV and the Vortech FMU.

wannabuy 07-12-2004 08:04 PM

XVIPER The boost gauge part sounds easy enough. However the O2 sensor wire? I haven't had a chance to look but do you have a picture of the pin location you could post please. This would help greatly. Maybe it is easier than I think. I will be looking at it on Wednesday.

Thank You
Chris

azndrunkyoon 07-12-2004 08:25 PM

the main o2 sensor is on your catalyst converter...

xviper 07-12-2004 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by wannabuy,Jul 12 2004, 10:04 PM
XVIPER The boost gauge part sounds easy enough. However the O2 sensor wire? I haven't had a chance to look but do you have a picture of the pin location you could post please. This would help greatly. Maybe it is easier than I think. I will be looking at it on Wednesday.

Thank You
Chris

No, I don't have any pictures to show you. Coming out of the ECU are three wiring harnesses. One is smaller than the others and I think it has only 25 pins. The other two are similar - one has 31 pins and the other has 32 pins. You'll just have to count the pins to know which one is which. On the 31 pin harness, pin #16 is in the central cluster of wires and it is the only solid white wire there.

wannabuy 07-13-2004 06:18 AM

Xviper,

Thanks :thumbup: for the info. If I can't count to 31 I have a problem.

wannabuy 07-13-2004 09:11 PM

Ok I am back. Haven't installed anything yet till I get all the info. The autometer gauge pod fits nicely. I found the 31 pin and found the only white wire in the group. The wire is also larger than the rest. I am using a Autometer Phantom A/F Gauge for now. Now for the lighting on both gauges. There is two connectors next to each other that come out of the fuse block that look like they go to the engine bay. . One is grey and one is blue. The one red (in the grey connector), on the far upper right gets 12V when the light switch is turned on for the parking lights. I believe it is for the parking lights but I do not have a manual. Can I use this for the lighting on the boost and a/f gauges? What do you think. Do you have an easier way? Thank You for your time on a rookie like me. This is the first set of gauges I have installed in a S. The Boost gauge and the A/F gauge in my old eclipse was pretty simple but I don't feel like doing a chop job on the S. I am trying to make this clean and safe.

Thanks
Chris

wannabuy 07-14-2004 06:37 AM

bump for answers

xviper 07-14-2004 06:54 AM

There are three empty spade (male) connectors on the edge of the fuse block. One is HOT all the time (middle), one is HOT with ignition (bottom) and one is HOT with lights (top). Use the top one for lighting the gauges and the bottom one to power them.
Here is a picture but mine has stuff already plugged into them. Crimp on a female spade connector and it's just plug and play.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...1bd993846f.png

wannabuy 07-14-2004 02:38 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank You very much. The picture is more than any words combined. Glad it is that simple. Just to ask. Are these fused at any point and what exactly do you have yours used for? Will there be anything else I may need to run to them and can I? Thanks in advance as always XVIPER.

Chris