S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Car Won't start after Keyless entry & Map Sensor Removal

Old 04-22-2016, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Won't start after Keyless entry & Map Sensor Removal

Hi, Everyone. I'm in need of some help if possible. I usually don't have issues that can't be solved quickly, However this one is a head scratcher for me.

Today I Was trying to figure my idle stubble on the S. It's been going on for well over 50k Most of the the time when car is warm i get a sticky throttle or idle stumble? Not sure how to describe it. Any how this

isn't the problem i'm currently trying to solve. The last time i temporarily fixed the idle problem was a few years back best buy installed a alarm on my car. When the alarm was removed from the car (by Me)

i noticed they cut the wires really short when they cut into them to tap. One of the wires had came apart and i got a bad idle were the car wouldn't rev past 4k.. I took it all apart and reconnected the wire and

bam. The car ran great again. Today i started the car and it was displaying the symptoms of the 4k revving. wouldn't rev higher. I took it all apart again and rewired it to no change.. So i started to think what

else could be the problem, I removed the map sensor and blew out the dust and reinstalled. started the car and idle still was bad. Then i remembered i had another keyless module that i got from a parted out

05. Plugged it in to test and the car wouldn't start.. Nothing. Won't even turn. I didn't know what else to do so i installed the original keyless module and reset the car by letting it sit with the battery

disconnected for 10 mins. I hooked everything back up and still nothing. Other possible factor. I had a another key cut by a lock smith about a month ago. Because the ignition would not accept my key

anymore. so a new key was cut and programmed i think? It's been working so i assume it does. If anyone has had a problems like this i would really appreciate some help. Thank You.

Darius