S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Under The Hood (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/)
-   -   Clutch Bleed (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/clutch-bleed-1184690/)

kjonesy203 05-14-2018 05:57 AM

Clutch Bleed

Could too much air in the clutch line prevent the car from going into gear while the car is on? Need help. I took out my slave cylinder to clean the slave cylinder rod and put everything back together and bled the clutch... but i cant get the car in gear when its on now. (When the car is off it will go into every gear)

DanielB 05-14-2018 10:20 AM

Air in the clutch lines could cause those symptoms. Did you make any changes to the master cylinder and pedal assembly?

Simplest way to bleed the clutch: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-br...method-993927/

kjonesy203 05-14-2018 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by DanielB (Post 24458709)
Air in the clutch lines could cause those symptoms. Did you make any changes to the master cylinder and pedal assembly?

Simplest way to bleed the clutch: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-br...method-993927/

No only took out the slave to polish the peice and put it back. Thanks for the link

Bri 05-14-2018 11:36 AM

Did any fluid leak when you removed the slave cylinder or took the rod out?

If there was no fluid leak when you took out the rod to polish it then I don't think you have air in the system. I think you just didn't seat the ball end of the rod to the cup area of the fork in the transmission. (Where the slave cylinder connects to the rubber boot of the transmission) If the rod isn't connected to the fork then you are not disengaging the clutch and this is probably what's preventing you from putting the car in gear.

I would remove the slave cylinder again and check whether the ball part of the rod is seated to the cup of the fork correctly.

Hope this helps.

kjonesy203 05-14-2018 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bri (Post 24458758)
Did any fluid leak when you removed the slave cylinder or took the rod out?

If there was no fluid leak when you took out the rod to polish it then I don't think you have air in the system. I think you just didn't seat the ball end of the rod to the cup area of the fork in the transmission. (Where the slave cylinder connects to the rubber boot of the transmission) If the rod isn't connected to the fork then you are not disengaging the clutch and this is probably what's preventing you from putting the car in gear.

I would remove the slave cylinder again and check whether the ball part of the rod is seated to the cup of the fork correctly.

Hope this helps.

yeah it leaked because i took off the hose that conencts to the slave as well. When i did the clutch bleed the first time it drained a lot quicker than i thought and the master slave went completely dry. So theres 100% air in the line. But i did take out the slave rod and check if it was put back in correctly as well.

Bri 05-14-2018 12:10 PM

Ah. Well if the clutch fluid reservoir went dry, then you're right - there's air in the line.

I'm in the same boat right now (not sure if I have air in my clutch fluid line).

From all my research last night, Billman250 said that 80% of people who get air in the clutch line will never get it back to normal :( And to get the air out of the clutch line, you have to remove the slave cylinder again so that you can point the clutch fluid bleeder up. Then bleed the system like the DIY linked above.

Please don't forget to come back and update us when you fix the issue and let us know what you did to completely bleed the system.

kjonesy203 05-14-2018 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bri (Post 24458784)
Ah. Well if the clutch fluid reservoir went dry, then you're right - there's air in the line.

I'm in the same boat right now (not sure if I have air in my clutch fluid line).

From all my research last night, Billman250 said that 80% of people who get air in the clutch line will never get it back to normal :( And to get the air out of the clutch line, you have to remove the slave cylinder again so that you can point the clutch fluid bleeder up. Then bleed the system like the DIY linked above.

Please don't forget to come back and update us when you fix the issue and let us know what you did to completely bleed the system.

Headed home to hopefully fix it now. I will have an update later. Thanks for the suggestions!

kjonesy203 05-14-2018 06:25 PM

So i bled the clutch a few times and am able to get the car in gear but it is not easy. Clutch catch point is basically at the ground. Car will only shift through gears if i start the car while in gear. My grandfather thinks the slave rod is no good and that i need a new one. Gunna just replace the whole slave cylinder and see how that goes

Bri 05-14-2018 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by kjonesy203 (Post 24458964)
So i bled the clutch a few times and am able to get the car in gear but it is not easy. Clutch catch point is basically at the ground. Car will only shift through gears if i start the car while in gear. My grandfather thinks the slave rod is no good and that i need a new one. Gunna just replace the whole slave cylinder and see how that goes

Before you do that, try bleeding the clutch fluid with the slave cylinder removed and the bleeder pointing up. Meaning the bleeder valve is at the highest point of the slave cylinder.

kjonesy203 05-14-2018 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bri (Post 24458972)

Before you do that, try bleeding the clutch fluid with the slave cylinder removed and the bleeder pointing up. Meaning the bleeder valve is at the highest point of the slave cylinder.

ok i will give that a try tommorow.