S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Under The Hood (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/)
-   -   Clutch Interlock Bypass with E-Brake (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/clutch-interlock-bypass-e-brake-1183015/)

Bugsy 03-22-2018 01:30 PM

Clutch Interlock Bypass with E-Brake

Clutch interlock works normal but you may start it with E-Brake on...

noodels 03-22-2018 02:00 PM

That should save some crank thrust washer wear,
be a nice idea to have a prime function to get oil pressure before it engine starts !

Car Analogy 03-23-2018 03:49 AM

Excellent mod.

But, a potential flaw. If the parking brake is only partially engaged, and someone accidentally starts the car in gear, it can still take off. What will that person do? Hopefully they can take an intelligent, non panicked action before anything bad happens.

If you use the brake pedal instead of parking brake, same scenario, pedal only partially engaged, car begins to roll, most anyone's natural reaction is going to be press pedal harder. Crisis averted.

Bugsy 03-23-2018 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy (Post 24436980)
Excellent mod.

But, a potential flaw. If the parking brake is only partially engaged, and someone accidentally starts the car in gear, it can still take off. What will that person do? Hopefully they can take an intelligent, non panicked action before anything bad happens.

If you use the brake pedal instead of parking brake, same scenario, pedal only partially engaged, car begins to roll, most anyone's natural reaction is going to be press pedal harder. Crisis averted.

I agree with you. It's not perfect, but it's perfect for me.
In Europe, they don't even have the interlock... it's still there for the next owner, but it can be circumnavigated. I rarely ever had need to use the parking brake, except to lower the convertible top when I was moving slowly as I've isolated the speed sensor wire to the top control.

On a side note, if I ever ran out of gas on railroad tracks, I could use the starter to move me off them LOL !

Afterfire 03-23-2018 06:05 AM

Very nice. Id love to do this. When I tried to redo my cruise control to take the place of my roof switch I ran into the issue of how was I going to pass the wires from the center console area to the under steering wheel dash area so I just chose to relocate the whole switch to right under the dash. Is there a tunnel or passage under the leather cover or something? How are you going to route it?

Bugsy 03-23-2018 06:14 AM

It was just the one light blue wire.
I used an aluminum welding rod (coat hanger like) and rounded the end over so as not to snag anything. Pushed it through between the tunnel and the fabric from near the OBD port to the center console recess, then hooked on to the rod and pulled the electrical wire through. I wouldn't want to pull too much trough there. One wire was fine. A bundle and I'd try to do something else which would require dash / console / radio bezel box removal to gain access...