S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder replacement

Old 04-14-2017, 02:07 PM

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101
That sucks man, trans is gonna have to come down then.
I agree. Sorry bud!
Old 04-14-2017, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm basically screwed?
Old 04-15-2017, 04:36 AM

Received 403 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by NoMoreCivicsPlease
So I'm basically screwed?
Not totally screwed, could just be something silly like loose pressure plate bolts. Screwed would be engine damage, this is just a pain in the ass amount of work to drop the trans. Clutches are much cheaper than new engines, and it doesn't sound terminal. Worse comes to worse you're out a couple hundred bucks. If you're skillful with a dental mirror you can have a look inside at the clutch with a light through the fork slot on the transmission. Or with a boroscope.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:13 AM

I'll update on Monday what the issue was
Old 04-15-2017, 08:46 AM

Received 403 Likes on 338 Posts

Keep us posted.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NMCP TAKE MY ENERGY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Old 04-19-2017, 09:13 AM

Update: They have to pull the transmission, guy thinks it's the realease bearing or something physically got stuck in the tranny. The bearing was brand new with the clutch, this doesn't seem normal correct?
Old 04-19-2017, 09:16 AM

Update: They have to pull the transmission, guy thinks it's the realease bearing or something physically got stuck in the tranny. The bearing was brand new with the clutch, this doesn't seem normal correct?
it is very common in aftermarket clutch kits. There are some that claim to be OEM replacements that you have to be specially careful of. If this is truly an OEM throwout bearing I would say it is pretty unusually. You should post pictures of the clutch kit if possible.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:15 PM

Alright I'll ask my guy to take pictures of it and save the broken parts. I got the OEM parts from majestichonda.com and the ACT pp was from moddiction, so two reliable sites, all the OEM parts were sealed in the Honda bags with part #'s. But mechanic told me today that the bearing failed and caused the transmission sleeve to eat itself up, something along those lines. Was hoping Billman would comment again, wondering if he's come across something like this befoee. Thanks for replies guys
Old 04-20-2017, 10:27 PM

Alright I'll ask my guy to take pictures of it and save the broken parts. I got the OEM parts from majestichonda.com and the ACT pp was from moddiction, so two reliable sites, all the OEM parts were sealed in the Honda bags with part #'s. But mechanic told me today that the bearing failed and caused the transmission sleeve to eat itself up, something along those lines. Was hoping Billman would comment again, wondering if he's come across something like this befoee. Thanks for replies guys
In that case it sounds like the parts were indeed OEM. There are some dubious eBay listings which can trick people into thinking they are buying OEM parts when they are not.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Soviet
In that case it sounds like the parts were indeed OEM. There are some dubious eBay listings which can trick people into thinking they are buying OEM parts when they are not.
ohh ok I get what you're saying now, nah I don't really Buy off eBay unless it was used "something" usually wheels. All my mechanical/electrical parts come from majestic or a reputable supplier off of here. I'm just still wondering what would cause this, like my driving or something? Can't find anything online about this randomly happening. i drove round trip 450+ miles with no problems, 2 days after I get back my car is broken...

Quick Reply: Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder replacement