S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

clutch pedal stuck

Old 09-04-2009, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch pedal stuck

i tried bleeding my clutch fluid today and now i end up having the pedal stuck to the floor with no pressure. I followed the sequence i found out this site and when i crack my bleeder valve all i get is air. and i did this at least 50 times. still no fluid comes out.. any ideas?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:33 PM

Was there someone pumping the clutch pedal-hold it down(not all the wat to the floor) open fitting let air/fluid escape-retighten fitting-pump clutch pedal-repeat.Just asking,not trying to offend,have u ever bled brakes or clutch before?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:34 PM

no.. it's my first time. yeahh i did the whole deal... the only thing i can think of is i must have messed up along the way ... maybe i didnt' tighten it enough once or twice when i pulled the pedal back up. i tried rebleeding it.. but all i get is air now. it's not draining the reservoir at all.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:56 PM

What was your clutch doing that u felt u needed to bleed it.The reason I ask is because you may have more than one issue.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:51 AM

If you push the pedal all the way down when bleeding, then the piston goes past the top of the cylnider and the seal pops out and will not let piston return. IIRC.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:55 AM

my clutch wasnt engaging properly. i had to muscle the shifter into 1st and reverse... and the rest of the gears aren't that great either.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by oakfloor,Sep 5 2009, 08:51 AM
If you push the pedal all the way down when bleeding, then the piston goes past the top of the cylnider and the seal pops out and will not let piston return. IIRC.
so i shudn't push it all the way down? waat shud i be doing then
Old 09-05-2009, 10:16 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

did you see any leaks on the ground? did you check the Clutch slave Cylinder, did you check the Clutch Master cylinder?

look where your clutch pedal hooks up underneath the dash... check to see if its wet there...if so.. your CMC is leaking.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:20 PM

Talking

bled it wrong, buddy. ive done this on my 240 aannndd learned to fix it with one man.

wen u bleed the clutch (and theres noone to help), gravity bleed it. pump the clutch a few times, get out and under the car and using a vinyl tube like the ones used for single man brake bleeding, hook up to the slave bleeder, open it slowly to watch fluid start to move into the vinyl tuve slowly. any air bubbles should come out first, then close it.
get n, pump pedal, get under car n open and close till no air bubbles come out; all while keeping the clutch resevoir full or a lil over full during process
thats gravity bleeding

but since ur clutch has already lost all pressure, u wont be able to gravity bleed it n bring back pressure...
so this is how i commando fixed my 240's clutch.
it was to the floor too, but u can pull it up and itll look right, but if u press it, it just drops to the floor. right?

[so heres wat u need to do
get under the car, find the slave cylinder, ull see theres a rod that pushes in and out. wif lil or no pressure in the line; u can easily push it in with ur hand n hold it in.
so go back to the clutch, and pull it up and push it down till.
*if u bring it between max up, and max down a bunch of times u may feel it start to sit a lil above max down. this means its making pressure. good! lol
so if u get it like that, push at it and it should pop like a few cm higher everytime, but it wont fix itself

now leave it where ever it is (most likely halfway), and get back under the car n push the slave cylinder rod with ur thumb all the way in and hold it in while opening the bleeder screw till all air ceases to come out.
its important that u make sure u hold it alllll the wwaaayyy down!! the whole time the bleeder screw is open!!!!
after this, close it and slowly let the slave rod back out.

get back to the driverside and work the pedal wif ur hand over and over the same way u did the first time to develop pressure between max up n max down. wen it starts to fight back, smack it a few times so it fights a lil higher everytime. leave it there, then get back under the car, push teh slave rod wif ur hand all the way in, ull hear the pedal go thump to the floor again n open the bleeder screw to get air out same as before, ending same as before

then get back to the pedal n try to build pressure again
do this until it kicks all the way to the top.
wen u finally have it to the top, gravity bleed

sit back, feel like a champ and ull prolly have to gravity bleed it once more after u drive it
but should be back or close to normal.
if anything ull feel like u just fixed ur engine bcause u can drive again lol

hope that helps!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 01:35 PM

okay i've fixed it.. i used the reverse bleed method... took me 15 mins. i now have another problem. the clutch now engages wayyy too high. i just have to depress it abt 1-2" and it engages. it wasn't like this b4. is the clutch travel adjustable?

Quick Reply: clutch pedal stuck