S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Clutch Pedal Switch and Steering Wheel Cruise Button Continuity and Helms Manual Help

Old 10-27-2016, 05:49 AM
Fat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal Switch and Steering Wheel Cruise Button Continuity and Helms Manual Help

I'm in the process of attempting to fix my cruise control not turning on, and while troubleshooting some steps, I came across a point where I'm wondering if the Helm's manual might be wrong or if I have defective parts. Maybe someone with experience regarding these two items can help me. I've searched the forums and Google and there doesn't seem to be much information out there, besides to check the brake and clutch switch nipples (which I've already done). My horn works and I've checked the fuses. I've also tried replacing the cruise control module and checked the dash toggle switch. Everything seems to be in working order, but I had a couple questions.

First of all the steering wheel controls on the AP1 have a set and resume button. From the diagram from the manual, I'm assuming the entire assembly is resting on its back (with SET on left, RESUME on right) with the terminals on top, and the [1 2 3 4 5] terminals facing you.
I get a reading for [3 5] for the SET switch but it's not there, but there is continuity for the RESUME switch for [3 5]. The same is for [1 3], the manual says I should get a continuity reading for the RESUME switch for [1 3] when held down, but I only get a reading if the SET button is pressed down. I do understand if the assembly was in the opposite orientation of which I tested, the manuals troubleshooting would prove the device working, however I'm not sure if that's the case or if its just defective.

Secondly for the clutch switch sensor, the manual says there should be continuity on the male terminals when both the button is released or pressed. Is this true? I only get continuity when the button is pressed, and nothing when it is released.

Clutch Pedal Switch and Steering Wheel Cruise Button Continuity and Helms Manual Help-3pnycbr.png
Clutch Pedal Switch and Steering Wheel Cruise Button Continuity and Helms Manual Help-4wn0qim.png

Last edited by Fat; 10-27-2016 at 05:52 AM.