S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Evolving brake ducts

Old 07-28-2001, 03:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As much as I liked the CF look of my ducts (by Ben) I have found they do scoop up light weight stuff that eventually stacks up against the slots in the backing plate and reduces airflow. In the fall it was small leaves, and this summer it was big grasshoppers!

I have decided I like the fact that things can
Old 07-28-2001, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sure looks better and sounds more useful ... Hmm, I'm sure many others will find this useful in many ways as well.

Old 07-28-2001, 05:28 PM
pfb

Looks great! Can't wait for a production ducted brake solution...
Old 07-28-2001, 05:39 PM
pfb

As cool as those brake ducts look, I think Rick's round badges would be nicer than those bulky black Honda badges...
Old 07-28-2001, 07:10 PM

Attack of the Texas grasshoppers, sounds like a sci-fi flick. Grills look great, wheel gap looks even better, nice car!!
Old 07-29-2001, 04:21 AM
Banned

Chris

I am giving my car a complete cleaning today and will report if I have anything back there with my King Motorsports brake duct set-up.

As you remember, King cuts a hole in the shield and attaches the tubing to a bracket welded to the shield.
Old 07-29-2001, 07:18 AM

Originally posted by meat
Chris

I am giving my car a complete cleaning today and will report if I have anything back there with my King Motorsports brake duct set-up.

As you remember, King cuts a hole in the shield and attaches the tubing to a bracket welded to the shield.
Take a picture of the mounting point if you would. There has been a lot of talk about cutting a hole and I would really like to see what was done. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2001, 08:10 PM
Banned

Well, I didn't take a picture since I just read this!

I didn't have anything out of the ordinary in the rotor area. I would think that if something does make it to the rotor that it is scraped off by the pads.

The hole is cut on the front portion of the shield about a 1/4-1/2 inch from the top. Does this make sense?
Old 07-30-2001, 03:27 AM

Yes, only the light stuff makes it to the rotor and it would not be a problem if it just hit the swept area.

When I did mine I was advised only to force air to the eye of the rotor so that it would be vented out the center vanes. That is why I didn't cut a hole but used the existing vent to the center. That opening is slotted so things cannot get to the center, but it will catch stuff there.. therefore my new grills up front.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:56 PM
Zot

Nice work cdelena...I also have the Coastal Metal grills and I have cut the fake ducts out already. I saw your other thread with the pics of the tubing you used to run back to the rotors. Has this changed or is the only new thing the grill pieces?

Also I cant tell how you mounted the tubing to the area just behind the grills. Can you shed some light on this please?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Evolving brake ducts