S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Fuel pump keeps priming after Air pump Removal + Wiring

Old 01-25-2019, 05:52 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Are you still getting error with obd reader?
I would double check that ecu is really fine. Any change you could borrow ecu from other car?
Old 01-25-2019, 06:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Isnt fuel trigger by ground.
Have you checked a short to ground from the PGM-FI relay on this?
If you want to you check continuity to ground from the ECU trigger pin & ground, to see if the ECU is in fact changing state.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tehlonz
I'll probably catch flak for this, but I find the starter overrun pretty common on these cars.
I've read a lot about this as well. Figured, WTH, even if it isn't the problem, It bugs me anyways.

Originally Posted by _valtsu_
Are you still getting error with obd reader?
I would double check that ecu is really fine. Any change you could borrow ecu from other car?
I currently do not have access to another ecu. Only way I had it checked was sending it off and they gave it a clean bill of health.

Originally Posted by tehlonz
Isnt fuel trigger by ground.
Have you checked a short to ground from the PGM-FI relay on this?
If you want to you check continuity to ground from the ECU trigger pin & ground, to see if the ECU is in fact changing state.
After talking to another tech, I was thinking the same thing. Looking back on my "adventure", I'm pretty sure I had a few of the grounds unmounted after removing the wiring. I plan to remove the wires I have cut, reinstall the harness and bolt the grounds down properly. If this doesn't work, I still have another harness that I have not cut into yet. Will hopefully get to do this this week. I'm so ready to get back behind the wheel.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:12 AM

Received 207 Likes on 187 Posts

I was having Air Pump issues and ran across your thread and have been following it since then. I can’t imagine the frustration that’s being experienced. Good luck getting this resolved.
The following users liked this post:
9KEVERYDAY (01-30-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 01:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Install everything back and fix the cut wires. Get my air pump delete kit, install it and you are ready.
Sold worldwide for years, 0 issues. It's on ebay, but you could sent me a pm.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:53 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta_lima
Install everything back and fix the cut wires. Get my air pump delete kit, install it and you are ready.
Sold worldwide for years, 0 issues. It's on ebay, but you could sent me a pm.
Pretty sure the resistor you sell wont work on US cars right?
Old 02-03-2019, 09:55 AM

Ok, I have good news to report. Remaining Air pump wiring removed from harness. Installed harness. Starter works properly. Bad News: Fuel pump still priming. (this is the original harness from the car that I had hacked into, still have untouched harness as backup.) I have found a PGMFI Relay troubleshooting guide in the service manual. Running through this guide is my next step. I will update as I have new info to share, good or bad. Thanks guys.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:26 PM

After doing a lot more searching online with others that also had a "flooding" issue and would not start, It seemed the ECU was their issue. Even though mine had been given a clean bill of health, I ordered a used one on ebay. It has been delivered today. I will update with what comes about.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:38 AM

I plugged in the new ecu, put the key in the ON position, applied fuel pump fuse, fuel pump kicked on as it should for priming, then......... the fuel pump stopped priming....... Survey says, it's the ECU. I have contacted SIA electronics for a refund for the remainder of money spent with them. I have not started the car yet since this ECU is not programmed to my keys.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:15 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 9KEVERYDAY
I plugged in the new ecu, put the key in the ON position, applied fuel pump fuse, fuel pump kicked on as it should for priming, then......... the fuel pump stopped priming....... Survey says, it's the ECU. I have contacted SIA electronics for a refund for the remainder of money spent with them. I have not started the car yet since this ECU is not programmed to my keys.
Good to hear you may have finally figured it all out! Also hoping you can get a refund from the ECU testing since they clearly mis-diagnosed the issue.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump keeps priming after Air pump Removal + Wiring