S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Fuel pump keeps priming after Air pump Removal + Wiring

Old 11-29-2018, 10:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, I cut them individually and triple checked before cutting to make sure I had the right ones being cut. I did leave the battery connected during all this and I'm pretty sure something still shorted out and fried my ECU. Have not had time to mess with it in a while.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:47 PM

I removed that harness with the wires I had cut. Unplugged the battery. Removed ecu. I decided to try something while the cut harness was out. I installed my ecu, connected fuse box, then connected the battery. Turned key to on position, Fuel pump still priming without stopping. I tried it again, same result. I can only assume at this point, that I have a faulty ecu. Any and all info is greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 12-19-2018, 07:36 AM

Sending the ECU to SIA Electronics in IL to get tested and repaired. Fingers crossed it is repairable. Stay tuned.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:10 AM

SIA Electronics just called. ECU is testing out perfectly fine... back to the drawing board....
Old 01-07-2019, 10:25 AM

Reinstalled ECU, made sure all connections intact and ready to go. Put the key in the ignition, turned to on (fuel pump fuse is removed), push the "start" button, click.....tried again....click. Car has been on battery tender since it's been up on stands. Starter has had issues sticking when it is really cold. It would cause a grinding noise right after the car started. I can only suspect this starter is giving up. Order a Reman Denso starter. Crushed Knock sensor in the process. Will order replacement as well.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:24 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I think you need to have a professional fix your car.. you've tried.. but keep failing. Sorry.
The following users liked this post:
9KEVERYDAY (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 11:16 AM

Yeah, I'm getting a bit worn out from it all. I found a troubleshooting guide in the normal service manual. As soon as I get the alternator back in, I am going to go through that process. If I come up fruitless, I'm gonna have to take it to Honda.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:20 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 9KEVERYDAY
Yeah, I'm getting a bit worn out from it all. I found a troubleshooting guide in the normal service manual. As soon as I get the alternator back in, I am going to go through that process. If I come up fruitless, I'm gonna have to take it to Honda.
Hopefully you can figure it out. I can't even imagine the absolute ass raping you'll get from a dealership to troubleshoot electrical issues like that.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by treimche
Hopefully you can figure it out. I can't even imagine the absolute ass raping you'll get from a dealership to troubleshoot electrical issues like that.
Yeah, I'm worried about that too. Pretty sure they will tell me that it would need to be returned to stock (with air pump and all necessary components) before diagnosing. Fingers crossed that the troubleshooting from the service manual will be the saving grace!
Old 01-23-2019, 11:36 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 9KEVERYDAY
Reinstalled ECU, made sure all connections intact and ready to go. Put the key in the ignition, turned to on (fuel pump fuse is removed), push the "start" button, click.....tried again....click. Car has been on battery tender since it's been up on stands. Starter has had issues sticking when it is really cold. It would cause a grinding noise right after the car started. I can only suspect this starter is giving up. Order a Reman Denso starter. Crushed Knock sensor in the process. Will order replacement as well.

I'll probably catch flak for this, but I find the starter overrun pretty common on these cars.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump keeps priming after Air pump Removal + Wiring