S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help new AP2 owner VSA AND TRIANGLE (!) lights on

Old 11-29-2018, 11:10 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AP2s2kdude
What did they charge if you don’t mind me asking? Diagnostic fee? I just don’t want to get bent over. Thanks for your info!
Didn't charge a thing. I had the cat replaced there and the light came on after that (no idea why). I just took it in and said the light was on since they did the work. Tech brought the computer out to the parking lot, hooked it up, did the neutralization and the code went away. Maybe if you go in and mention what I went through and ask them to try it they'll just do it for you.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:09 PM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

The neutralization or reset procedure is listed here somewhere. It can be done with a paperclip shorting a couple of pins on the OBD2 port and performing some tasks. I know I did it but can't remember just how or find my notes. I didn't actually use a paperclip but did short one connector to ground via a fused wire and followed the procedure. Hopefully some with a better set of notes will respond.

-- Chuck
Old 12-03-2018, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

I have an appointment to take it to dealership Friday, I will see if they can reset it all and give me any other info on the car. While it’s at the dealership anything in particular I should have them do besides an oil change? Currently sitting just over 168,xxx miles bought from dealer so don’t have much as far as history.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:40 PM

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

I have an appointment to take it to dealership Friday, I will see if they can reset it all and give me any other info on the car. While it’s at the dealership anything in particular I should have them do besides an oil change? Currently sitting just over 168,xxx miles bought from dealer so don’t have much as far as history.
Get a valve adjustment done. 2006+ AP2s are known to have the valve clearances tighten up on the exhaust side resulting in burnt valves. You can search more about it
Old 12-07-2018, 06:30 AM

Curious to hear the outcome
Old 12-07-2018, 03:41 PM

Waiting for car to be pulled up. So they hooked me up with oil change but had to charge to do the neutralizing for the speed sensor I replaced. And said rear diff needed fluid change. Hopefully i can drive now without any issues! Will post update once I get some miles like 100 on it. Also advisor said cars are really good and to make sure to engage VTEC often as that is main issue is carbon build up.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I had mine taken into and they did the VSA alignment sensor reset thing. That fixed the triangle light for me.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:51 PM

It seemed to be fixed, but then I got 3 miles down the road and my s2000 started to shake violently. I pulled over called dealership and brought it back in. No lights came on but it was shaking badly. Now I wait until they can check it out. Can’t wait to have my s2000 totally fine to just enjoy it!
Old 12-08-2018, 05:33 AM

It seemed to be fixed, but then I got 3 miles down the road and my s2000 started to shake violently. I pulled over called dealership and brought it back in. No lights came on but it was shaking badly. Now I wait until they can check it out. Can’t wait to have my s2000 totally fine to just enjoy it!
That's weird. Let us know what that is.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if the wheels were removed and the lug nuts not fully torqued when they were replaced.

Quick Reply: Help new AP2 owner VSA AND TRIANGLE (!) lights on