S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help window stuck and won't go up

Old 10-31-2007, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help window stuck and won't go up

I got in my car, started driving and pushed both the driver and passenger windows down a little bit. The driver side window went down a little bit but the passenger side automatically went down all the way. I tried to bring the window back up but nothing happens. I checked and know its not the window lock switch.

If I try the window switch on the passenger side, I can hear a click but I don't hear anything with the driver side switch. I checked the power window fuse but it looks ok. Is there any way I can bring the window back up manually? I removed the door panels but I still couldn't get the glass window to move.

I need to drive to school tomorrow but I don't want to take my car and leave the window down. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That just happened to me.

For me it was the window regulator motor assembly.

I ordered one off ebay, since Honda says they are on nationw-wide back order, or at least they were as of last week, replaced mine, and it is working great. (FYI, ebay one was $60 shipped, Honda was about $280)

Until the new one came, i pushed my window up, and stuffed some wood into the door, you can get to the real shell of the door if you take off the door panel, and then peel back the white plastic.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:30 PM

do you have a mod? the pass side window doesnt have an auto down or up ??
Old 11-01-2007, 11:38 PM

Nope I don't have a mod. So I am guessing maybe some type of malfunction with the passenger window switch?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to check the window switch, maybe it get used often the contact weared out. try unplug it from the driver side and push on the wires going to the plug(some times it loose) here is the automatic window down reset.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=131795
Old 11-02-2007, 05:10 AM

did the window go down normally or did it fall? Also, is it further down in the door than say the driver side is when fully lowered?

Chances are DFWs2k is right and the regulator went. Happens to a lot of cars
Old 11-02-2007, 05:54 AM

I think it normally went down and it is sitting further down on the passenger side as you suggested.

I removed the door panel and have checked the wires on the plug but it looks good to me. I think it is the regulator because when I touched it, it was pretty hot. It's not suppose to be hot right? I think it might have malfunctioned.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:01 AM

i had a lincoln ls and the regulator went out...motor was good though. when u take the regulator out u can tell if it was the regulator that broke. the cables are normally ripped up. but who knows ive never seen a s2k regulator....there might not be any cables, but sounds like the regulator to me
Old 11-02-2007, 07:48 AM

The regulator is a mechanical part with a motor attatched. Any heat transfer is most likely from the motor which really shouldnt be trying to operate unless you push the switch.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:16 PM

if window is hot when the switch has not been touched for a while like over an hr.. than the switch might be bad and it stuck going down..

also if u roll the window down and the motor gets how trying to roll it up.. than the regulator is at fault and puts too much resistance on the motor and the motor cant roll the window up ..

this is how i see it.. i could be wrong..

Quick Reply: Help window stuck and won't go up