S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Under The Hood (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/)
-   -   How many miles do you have on aftermarket valve train? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/how-many-miles-do-you-have-aftermarket-valve-train-1192733/)

treimche 03-22-2019 06:27 PM

How many miles do you have on aftermarket valve train?

Looking for information on what people run in their cylinder head, and what type of driving and how many miles you have on these parts. It seems like many people rebuild their head using aftermarket valves/springs/retainers, but so many others preach about how the OEM Honda parts are superior. This type of information should help a lot of us determine what to use and what to really stay away from. I understand there will be some failures of every single part/brand out there. If people could share their setup, that would be great.

How many miles on engine?
How many miles on valve train parts?
What type of driving (DD, track, drag, weekend warrior, etc)?
All motor/turbo/SC?
Valves/springs/retainers brand?
What's your power level?
Any other relevant info?

jyeung528 03-22-2019 10:19 PM

can't contribute much here. OEM lasts a long time, that's for sure.

I've been running aftermarket "racing valve guides", that's all I've been told about them. I have about 10,000 miles on it, I don't expect them to be worn out, but we'll see.

Scigheras 03-23-2019 02:16 AM

How many miles on engine? 110k
How many miles on valve train parts? 30k
What type of driving (DD, track, drag, weekend warrior, etc)? Mostly DD + occasional very hard driving
All motor/turbo/SC? N/A
Valves/springs/retainers brand? Supertech
What's your power level? Stock

gotembro 06-11-2019 06:31 PM

I hate to bump this old topic but I wanted to know if people had a SuperTech vs Ap2 for people who are running Ap1's
I might even make sense for me to just go full Supertech over just ap2's

Anyone do this option?

s2000Junky 06-11-2019 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Quad-Damage (Post 24611488)
I hate to bump this old topic but I wanted to know if people had a SuperTech vs Ap2 for people who are running Ap1's
I might even make sense for me to just go full Supertech over just ap2's

Anyone do this option?

I would put my bets on staying with ap2 for longevity/reliability over supertech. Farerra is better quality then supertech anyway and id still keep with ap2 unless I was forced to run them because of new aggressive cam/engine spec. But at that level of build your general expectation is giving up some Daily longevity for power anyway. If your just keeping with a stock spec/cam F20 just stick with ap2 upgrade keepers and thats it.

riceball777 06-11-2019 10:17 PM

I suppose I’ll contribute

135,000 stock block
about 15k miles on built head
super tech bronze valve guides, supper tech dual springs and titanium retainers, supper tech .5mm over sized inconel exhaust valves with stock intake valves. Valve job from ton at port flow.
Car is turbo making 588whp but was at the mid 600”s with a bigger turbo before and car for the most part just street driven.