S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

how to reset steering torque sensor - NO Honda PGM Tester

Old 01-17-2014, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@etang789 doesn't reset after battery disconnection

Hi i'm new here I want to fix my Problem I read how to do the reset. The problem is if the trouble code comes if I turn the steering to 45 degrees the EPS doesn't comes on for 4 sec :S

And on my model i need to take the Connector under steering wheel
one like this
Old 01-19-2014, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by XDCs2k
@etang789 doesn't reset after battery disconnection

Hi i'm new here I want to fix my Problem I read how to do the reset. The problem is if the trouble code comes if I turn the steering to 45 degrees the EPS doesn't comes on for 4 sec :S

And on my model i need to take the Connector under steering wheel
one like this
Thanks
Old 01-20-2014, 07:34 PM

Had to make an emergency trip to the corner store in my S in 15 degree weather while I was replacing the RSX clutch. I lost all power steering temporarily. After letting it warm up completely, I took a 5 minute ride to the store with absolutely no steering assist, EPS light was on. After going into the store, I start the car and the wheel turns by itself all the way to the left lock. The EPS light was no longer on and I had full left-hand assist and choppy right hand assist. Weird

Fast forward two weeks and my buddy lets me use his snapon ethos to ground the SCS to reset neutral position. I did the reset procedure and now have full, equal assist in all steering positions. They key is to keep continuous torque input on the wheel when turning left to the 45 degree position. Despite what billman said in one of his more recent EPS posts, I took my hand off the wheel in the straight ahead position per the FSM. Everything has been working great!
Old 04-28-2015, 10:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bringing this back up.. I'm having trouble with step 4. My eps light doesn't stay on instead the abs/srs/eps light keeps blinking.. help? Am I not initiating it right?

Additional info: steering wheel turns right until lock. Alignment is straight wheels are straight tire pressure is fine. I have a 00 and just swapped in a used eps module from 02. Srs light is on because I have aftermarket steering wheel setup. If I start the car the only light I have is my srs, nothing else.

Edit: I just pulled the codes. Abs code is 61 and eps code is 23. What do I do now? Billman please shed some light!
Old 04-29-2015, 05:46 PM

Bump...
Old 05-01-2015, 03:17 PM

Old 05-10-2015, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by SoREALemjay
Bringing this back up.. I'm having trouble with step 4. My eps light doesn't stay on instead the abs/srs/eps light keeps blinking.. help? Am I not initiating it right?

Additional info: steering wheel turns right until lock. Alignment is straight wheels are straight tire pressure is fine. I have a 00 and just swapped in a used eps module from 02. Srs light is on because I have aftermarket steering wheel setup. If I start the car the only light I have is my srs, nothing else.

Edit: I just pulled the codes. Abs code is 61 and eps code is 23. What do I do now? Billman please shed some light!
Old 11-15-2015, 03:45 AM

I'm having the same issues with the eps going out, I can't used the obd2 port to access any codes because I have a aem infinity installed, I tried the battery removal but eps is still out. i will try the reset procedure and chime in to whether i got it to work or not.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by deuce_s2k
I'm having the same issues with the eps going out, I can't used the obd2 port to access any codes because I have a aem infinity installed, I tried the battery removal but eps is still out. i will try the reset procedure and chime in to whether i got it to work or not.
swap your stock ecu back in you dont have to start the car. and do reset as normal.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello I am having the same issue with my power steering being out as well as still not owning my stock ecu. Is it possible to buy another OEM ecu and then perform the torque sensor with the procedure outlined above? Thanks!

Quick Reply: how to reset steering torque sensor - NO Honda PGM Tester