S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

intro and help with my s2k ap1 =(

Old 12-17-2011, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea if its an aftermarket clucth the only thing you can do is either get used to it or swap an OEM or OEM spec one in.

By the sounds of it, it probably wont be much fun to drive as a daily driver though.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003AP1
Yea if its an aftermarket clucth the only thing you can do is either get used to it or swap an OEM or OEM spec one in.

By the sounds of it, it probably wont be much fun to drive as a daily driver though.
yeah no its not at all. lol if i dont gas the car. and just slowly releases the clutch till its fully let go. it's fine... or i can just vtec it all the time and it will be fine. or i just need to ride on the clutch lol.. so stupid..

and it only does this after it is warmed up to normal tempt.

i guess i need to replace the clutch.. but man. these fawking clutch job for s2k are hella expensive.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i had a stage 3 six puck dic before and i don't remember having to go pass 3000rpm. Well, each clutch is different anyways. Maybe you are not use to the feel of the clutch yet. On mine, i don't have to press the clutch pedal anywhere near oem. It was just a tap from the foot about 1/4 and it takes off. Put it in 1st gear and slowly let your foot off the clutch to see how far it takes before the car stalls. That way you know how far in you have to push on the clutch pedal before you can shift.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:09 PM

thanks every 1 for the repliess!!

Cross fingers!

People usually hate seeing CEL. but i love it loll then i know whats wrong with the car..

All the problem the car been having. random a/f ratio everytime i start the car. and the whole problem about the car that i've described..

tonight the CEL came on! YESSSS. i got the code reader from autozone. P1229. BAMM map sensor.. that could be causing my 1st gear problem!!!

changing it first thing tomorrow.... buying one from advanced autoparts. 73 bucks!
Old 12-21-2011, 12:18 AM

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

The map sensor is problematic on these cars. Mine has done it on occasion before but it's since gone away. I bet a six puck on a light flywheel WOULD make it a MF'er to drive like that. Do a search for the map whack.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by MP2k
The map sensor is problematic on these cars. Mine has done it on occasion before but it's since gone away. I bet a six puck on a light flywheel WOULD make it a MF'er to drive like that. Do a search for the map whack.
so i replaced the mapsensor. the car ran a lot better. but now i got 2 more codes. p1399 ( random misfire?) p0411 ( air leakage?)

it still does that thing on first gear but it is a lot better... but still there. i dont need to ride on the clutch as much. everything I described with 1st gear is still there but not as bad.

this car is giving me a headache lol just replaced the spark plugs and the code is still there... i did some research on the p0411 another member had on here about the valves.. i will take some pictures later and post em up later. seem like a lot of the vacuum hose are either missing or blocked..
Old 12-21-2011, 11:05 PM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68601327@N07/6553031025/

heres the picture of my valve system thing. seem like im missing the white check valve hose.. the input ( little metal nipple--> labeled #1 in the picture) is blocked off by a piece of rubber cap. does anyone know if that can be my problem? and where does that thing run to. also does it do anything if i dont have it?

also. theres another rubber cap on Labeled #2 in the picture. does anyone know where the hose run to? im missing that as well..

any input would be wonderful. i did do some research and cant find anything. a former member had this problem too (p0411 code) i've checked all the line and those i described above seem to be missing...
Old 12-22-2011, 01:37 AM

disregard my last post.. i just found a diagram! =) i found out where all the hose suppose to go. the question i have right now is. i dont have a line running from VALVE ASSY., BYPASS CONTROL SOLENOID to the vacuum tank. will that cause any problem to the car?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, it won't cause any issues but you may get the P0411 CEL. It's just the secondary air injection system. Purely emissions related and won't affect the way the car runs
Old 12-22-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by s2klariat
No, it won't cause any issues but you may get the P0411 CEL. It's just the secondary air injection system. Purely emissions related and won't affect the way the car runs
ouhh okay awesome!! that code comes and go. no cel tho! =)

now im experiencing the map sensor code again haha after doing the map whack. now my rpm going up and down like other members. maybe i need to wait till it dries up.

Quick Reply: intro and help with my s2k ap1 =(